5. The zone

Hera's p.o.v

Talk about embarrassing and lame, what was with her!.

I glanced at Ava who was driving then rolled my eyes.

What exactly did she want from me?.  Last night I refused to touch her food and got a little disrespectful, but that didn't seem to faze her. Here she was yet again driving me to my new college like yesterday didn't happen.

"You know I could have figured out the way on my own." I whispered under my breath then put my hand on my bag straps which were around my shoulder.

"I know but I wanted to give you a ride and have a simple chat with the principal." She answered as I chuckled softly then glanced her way with a cold glare.

"What?. Did you fuck him too?" I asked.

She quickly stepped on the breaks startling me.

"What the hell!" I yelled on top of my voice when I hit the back of my seat with force.

"What did you just say?" She asked in a whisper.

I turned and glanced behind to see if there were any cars. I sighed in relief when I noticed that we were the only ones.

I looked at her then folded my arms.

"I asked you Ava what you had to do to get me into such college, I did a few research of my own and it turns out that not everyone rolls in. Did you perhaps fuck the principal?. Because last time I checked we weren't that well to do?. Remember that you gambled away our little money?" I asked seriously.

She took in a deep breath then clenched her hands in a fist.

"Get out." She said in a low tone.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Out now!" She screamed on top of her voice when she opened her eyes.

I was at my limits too!. Who the hell did she think she was.

"To hell with you Ava!. I have had it damn it." I spat then pushed open the door and walked out.

I wasn't going to sit back or beg her to drive me there. I wasn't a kid anymore who needed her love and affection.

I hugged myself and walked ahead with tears swelling in my eyes.

What kind of mother was she anyway. She wanted me to be the perfect princess to her when it was her that created the cold-hearted bitch in me.

I dragged myself while convincing my heart to move forward and not turn to look back.

I fixed my bag on my shoulder and hugged myself tighter when a car drove by. The wind blew through my hair making me groan in displeasure.

The car stopped ahead then reversed and parked next to me.

I looked at it then bite my lower lip. It was more of an old van than a nice car.

The window was drawn down and a young man faced me. He wasn't that good-looking and his hair was neatly brushed back. His eyes were slightly big and light brown. He wore huge glasses and a checked shirt.

"Hi." He greeted in a funny light voice then smiled showing his silver braces.

"Umm....hi." I answered in hesitation.

He looked like a fucking nerd just at first glance.

Back in school when my father was alive, nerds were the type my friends and I hated and avoided the most. But when he died I became worse than them because I had no friend or anyone to talk to.