Why?

"My parents never let my siblings and I do anything we wanted. It was always sports and academics with them. At first, I didn't think about running away but it was becoming too much. I just wish that I didn't hold such a grudge against them so that I could reconcile but, it's too late now."

~Eros

Takes place September 2021

Eros was in his studio when he had gotten a call from his older sister, whom he hadn't talked to since they had recently reconnected earlier in the year. He knew that she wouldn't be calling unless it was really important, so he answered. "Hello."
"Eros, thank god you answered!", his sister responded. By the tone of her voice, Eros could tell that she had been crying and that worried him.
So he asked, "Athena, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

His sister, now known as Athena (serene has a thing for mythology), hiccuped slightly.
"Eros...They're gone. They were in a car crash. By the time they arrived at the hospital, they were declared brain-dead." Eros felt a lump in his throat, he felt his eyes slightly water and small whimpers escaped from his mouth. His parents were dead, granted that they were controlling as hell and never once tried to contact him after he ran away but, they were still his parents, the people who gave him life.
He couldn't believe it, "You're joking, right? There's no way. You're joking, tell me you're joking!"
"I'm sorry, little brother. They're gone. I'm sorry." Athena answered knowing that the boy was planning to come and reconcile with their parents.

Eros could barely focus, tears were threatening to come out. Finally the dam broke, tears and sobs were heard all through the dorm. Jeonghan, who was passing by to check on him, runs into the studio. He takes Eros' phone and tells Athena that he'll have Eros call her back before hanging up. His attention goes back to the boy in his arms.
"Hyung! They're gone!!", Eros cries out in his hyung's arms.

Jeonghan immediately goes into parent mode and tries to comfort him, "Eros. Eros. It's ok. It's ok. Hyung's got you. Hyung's got you." Eros is now speaking incoherently, he's having a panic attack.
Jeonghan yells for S.Coups, "Seungcheol!!" S.Coups, who was with Mingyu at the moment, runs over to where he heard Jeonghan yell. He sees Jeonghan on the ground holding a crying and panicked Eros, "What happened, Hannie?"

Jeonghan looks at S.Coups with a saddened look, "I was on my way to check on him and when I got there, I heard him crying. I ran in and he was on the phone with his sister so, I told her I would have him call back. And then, he yelled that they were gone and I assume that he's talking about his parents. He started speaking but I couldn't understand and then his breathing got heavy. He's having a panic attack." S.Coups got down and started to calm him, "Ok, aegi. I need you to do something for me, ok? I need you to tell me 5 things you can see, ok?"
Eros responds breathing heavily, "You, Hannie-hyung, my laptop, my guitar, and ceiling lights."

Jeonghan answers, "That's good, aegi. You're doing great. Now, I need you to tell me 4 things you can touch, ok?"
"You, Coups-hyung, the floor, and my face.", Eros gulps hard calming down.
Jeonghan and S.Coups alternate, "3 things you can hear, baby?"
"Your voice, Hannie's voice, and my music."
"2 things you can smell?"
"My shampoo and my eucalyptus candle."
"Almost done, baby. 1 thing you can taste?"
"My spit.", Eros says now calm with tear tracks on his face.
S.Coups picks Eros up and sat him on his chair, "Are you feeling better now, Bubs?"
Eros rubs his face, "Yeah, I just...I can't believe it. Before I got to my studio, I asked if I could take a small hiatus to flight overseas and hopefully reconcile with them. I can't do that anymore."

~Ding~ A notification pops up on Eros' phone. He looks at it, "It's Athena. She said that the funeral is scheduled for next month."
S.Coups looks at Eros worried, "Our comeback is next month. We're gonna be extremely busy. You might not be able to attend."
Eros looks down, gears turning in his head. "I'll try to see if I can work something out with Hyunsuk-hyung. I just wanna be alone right now." S.Coups and Jeonghan look at Eros with at saddened look and silently leave. Eros turns in his chair to look at his computer; he was looking at flights to New York. He starts sniffling, "Why? Just Why?"

serene's spot: I don't know if I make any of y'all cry but, If I did then, I'm extremely sorry and a happy chapter will soon follow