1 "Don't worry"

Those who really knew Grace well, knew that she was a charming and fun individual to be around. However, because she didn't let loose around just anyone, very few people were able to witness this attractive side of her. Strangers usually saw her poised, quiet appearance and thought that she was an uninteresting bookworm or some saw her appearance as haughty and thought that she was too unimpressed with the likes of them. Hence, she didn't have many people that were truly close to her.

She would put on a smile as was her duty at the front desk of the hotel where she worked. She was actually quite amicable at her workplace. For this reason, her cordialness and maturity made her popular among older people but she had problems making friends with people of the same age as her.

While she did have a few acquaintances that she was 'friendly' with, she was more than content not being a social butterfly. She was also more than content with her best friend being her sister. Although, Sky, her sister was 2 years older than her, they somehow became indispensable friends to each other after they both became adults. They had a relationship that few sisters have or could dream to have.

In fact, the two of them were now preparing for their upcoming adventure together. It was going to be the first time the two of them traveled out of the country by themselves. Growing up in a military home, they had traveled to a few different countries when their father had been stationed overseas and was allowed to bring his family. But this trip was different.

For years, Grace had been captivated by Korea. She spent her spare time learning about its history, culture and people. When asked about this interest, she could never explain it to a satisfying degree that could make others understand. There was just something... something about the lifestyle and rich history that this place held that drew her in and completely enamored her.

When mentioned in a conversation, she would lose her poise and reservedness. Eyes glowing like an innocent child, she would hang on to ever word about this place her heart longed for and she would revel in the opportunities to share her knowledge about it as well.

Finally, after years of falling deeper and deeper in love, she was finally embarking on this trip that would fulfill her heart's desires. She had no idea what she would do after this trip, other than planning the next one in the future.

Sitting in the back seat with her sister, her heart beat fast. She felt that her heart could give her dad's usual over-the-speed-limit driving a run for his money. She let out a small chuckle at the thought. It was then that she noticed her dad's driving was more along the lines of an elderly woman gingerly taking her overfed cat to the vet because it had a tummy ache.

She knew her dad was emotional about letting his two daughters leave the country on their own. Most loving fathers would be that way. He was probably prolonging their time together by driving slowly. Of course he would worry about them, even under normal circumstances. But they all knew that the circumstances were anything but normal.

As they reached the airport, she reflected on the things that were giving her qualms about this trip.

Noticing her distracted gaze out the window from the rear view mirror, her dad spoke up, "Stop worrying."

Hearing her father's no-nonsense voice, she looked up and met his eyes in the mirror before giving him a small smile to reassure him. The rest of the car was silent.

Though now retired, her father had been in the military for many years. To others his way of talking may sound gruff but his family was more than well aware of his love and care for them. He made sure his kids grew up knowing how to take care of themselves, all the while giving them his love but not spoiling them... too much.

The eldest child in the family was Grace's brother, Mark. Although his father wanted him to enlist, Mark decided to pursue his dreams of becoming an author. He had published a few books and had a small following but was far from being a well-known author.

Sky was the next child. Being the first daughter, she was a bit spoiled by their mother- much to their father's dismay. She had her cosmetology degree and had been working in someone else's salinger but was planning on setting up her own when they returned. Although her father considered Sky to be a bit pampered, he still loved her as he did all of his children. But, one child was slightly and secretly (at least in his thoughts) more special to him. That was Grace.

Grace could not deny that she took after her father's personality greatly. Compared to her mother and sister's more eccentric personalities, she definitely had her father's calm coolheadedness.

One day when she was in highschool, one of her dad's former subordinates noticed this calm and maturity in her and offered her a job at his hotel. Although this subordinate was to inherit the hotel later from his father, his father forced him to enlist after he graduated college in order to gain responsibility. Thus he met Grace's father and not long after happened to meet Grace as well. Even though Grace was younger than those they usually hired, her maturity impressed him. As it was a great opportunity for her, she took up the job.

She initially had planned on saving money then to put towards college but as graduation rolled around, she could not decide on the direction she wanted for her life. It's now been a few years since she graduated highschool and in that time she has made quite a positive impression with the older people working there as well as some people in management. Being hired directly by the hotel owner's son, the younger employees saw her as a person with connections and were only polite with her.

She didn't care. In fact, none of it mattered now. As they parked along the curb at the airport, everyone got out to unload the luggage. She stopped by her mom and gave her a side hug, her mind going back to the reserves she had about leaving.

As her mom turned to look at her, Grace put her other arm around her and held her close, soaking this feeling into her mind. Her mother's touch... Her mother's overpriced perfume and the scent of her hairspray...

"It's not too late," she told her mom.

Leaning back to look at her daughter, her mom replied, "Don't worry about it. This is the moment you've been waiting for. Don't waste it by constantly thinking about what could happen in the future." She gave Grace a smile. "You won't enjoy yourself doing that." She finished with a pat on her daughter's back.

Grace looked at her dad and sister pulling bags out of the trunk. She could feel her heart tighten a little but like her mom said, she didn't know what would happen in the future. And if it did, it could very well be after they return.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she replied looking back at her mom, "Okay."

She squeezed her mom again before walking over to get her luggage. Reaching out for the handle, her dad pushed passed her and walked toward the entrance saying, "I'll take it inside."

She was not normally a person for tears but her eyes were starting to feel wetter. Grabbing her mother's hand, she followed her father and Sky inside. She could feel her mother's hand tighten around hers. No one mentioned it but everyone's mind was on the current unrest in the country.

Would they be together again? Their trip was only for three months. Maybe things would hold out that long, if anything major happened at all....