Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

27 Time to Celebrate

Ella

I twist, checking my reflection in the mirror. Burgundy and black lace overlay swish mid thigh in my reflection, hinting at the top lace band of my thigh highs as I do one last look over. Biting my lip, I remember how Liam's gaze darkened as he asked me if I wore them for him. The way his lips felt on my calf...

Tonight I certainly wore them for him.

I spilled my guts to Soph the moment we were alone, and she was ravenous for details. Though not even she could pry them all from me.

Checking the clock, I know Tim should be here any moment. I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was nervous for him and Sophia to be out with Liam. As far as they're concerned, we're a done deal. Lord knows it would be easier if Tim were distracted. If only things with Abby were more serious. Declan certainly seems to have a sizable chunk of Sophia's attention.

"God damn, sweet cheeks, you trying to give the man a heart attack?" Tim gawks at me from the doorway, appearing from nowhere. He openly checks me out, letting out a wolf whistle.

"Oh my god, stop," I whine.

Tim tosses his head back and lets out a throaty chuckle. I can't help but check him out. Fitted black slacks and a tailored blue button-down shirt complete the look with the top two buttons undone.

"You don't clean up bad yourself," I say, widening my eyes for effect.

Contrary to my reaction, Tim eats it up, turning slowly and flexing as he strikes a pose. "This could have been all yours, but no... you had to go for the suave businessman in a suit."

Bringing my fingers to my lips to stifle a giggle, I force myself to play along. "I don't know how I can ever forgive myself... I was a fool."

"Alas, that ship has sailed." Tim holds out his elbow for me. "But that doesn't mean we can't still have a great night, you know, for Sophia's sake."

"For Sophia." I nod and take his elbow, but break down in a giggling fit. Tim fares no better and we stagger out of the house like two drunk people.

He opens the door on his jeep for me, waiting until I'm buckled in before closing the door and getting into the driver's seat.

The night has barely begun and already my face hurts from smiling so hard. As he drives down town, the music blasts and we sing horribly off key, but my soul is overflowing with joy.

We park in the upper level of a parking garage and take the skyway to the adjoining building. Half way there, I feel the base through the floor. Ahead of us are a stream of people dressed in club wear lining up.

At the end of the sky way a man in an onyx suit stands, directing people onward. He's possibly the biggest man I have ever seen; his thick beard and tattoos remind me of a biker.

He barely says two words to the people ahead before sending them left to the club. I feel my nerves growing exponentially the closer we get to our turn.

"Party?" He asks, looking Tim over then pausing on me.

"Um Sophia's birthday," I squeak out.

He arches a brow, making me swallow hard and shift almost behind Tim.

"Hernandez," Tim says with a laugh. He laces his fingers with mine, giving me a reassuring squeeze. "But she said something about Declan picking the spot..."

The bouncer watches us, waiting for a better answer.

"Moore?" I whisper.

The bouncer winks at me and steps aside, pulling back a curtain to a door I didn't even know was there. I look down the hallway to the left, where the loud music echos, having assumed that was our destination.