Wattpad Original
There are 22 more free parts

7 Let Loose

Ella

"Okay." The word leaves my mouth effortlessly before I can even comprehend the ramifications.

Liam's eyes are wide, but a smile slips onto his lips. Clearly, he wasn't expecting me to agree so easily. Hell, neither was I, since I don't even know what exactly I just agreed to.

What was I thinking?!

"Excellent," he replies with a satisfied grin. The intensity of his gaze makes my cheeks warm, but before I can backpedal, the waiter comes in for our order.

The guy's order a bottle of red wine for the table and appetizers. I sit there still reeling from my decision as everyone else at the table chatters about which appetizers. In the end they go with bruschetta, an appetizers sampler platter, and an antipasto platter.

Sophia's mocha eyes find mine, swimming with concern. Her look says she didn't expect me to agree so quickly, either.

"If you'll excuse us," she says, standing up. "We're just gonna go freshen up."

She walks over and holds out a hand for me, which I take without hesitation. With brisk steps, she whisks me off to what I assume is the bathroom.

I'm still lost in my whirling thoughts as Sophia leads me through the crowds, expertly weaving me around servers and between tables. Finally, we reach our destination, a set of dark doors into the nicest bathroom I've probably ever seen. Once she leads us through them, she turns, faces me, and places a tender hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay, El?" Her eyes swim with concern.

Am I? It's just dinner and a business trip... Sure, it's not what I normally do, but that doesn't mean I can't handle it... Does it?

Somehow, the obvious fact that the trip is only with Liam is both frightening and exciting. I'm not afraid of him, yet there is something intimidating about him.

"No, I'm okay," I whisper.

"Say the word, babe, and I'll get you out of that trip," she says, giving me a reassuring smile. "Seriously, you've seen me talk my way out of parking and speeding tickets. I can take these guys with my pinkie toe."

I can't help but laugh because she's right. She has the ability to talk her way in or out of almost anything. It's like a superpower.

"Thanks, Soph," I reply, feeling my shoulders relax. "I agreed before I even thought about what I was agreeing to."

My cheeks flush as I realize I put myself in this spot, but once again, Soph is willing to save me.

But do I need saving? Didn't Liam just save me from the pushy guys at the bar? As intimidating as he is, there's no denying I still somehow feel safe with him. Besides, it's just work.

"Just say the word," she reminds me, then lets me go and turns to the mirror to touch up her makeup. "Remember, I'm the boss, not them. If anyone has a problem with it, I can deal with it. But you'll have a week to work close enough with him to see if you can handle him."

I feel my cheeks burn at her choice of words. She no doubt means if he's too difficult to work with, yet my mind takes it a completely different way. I glance over at her to see her staring at me with a raised brow and a crooked grin.

She chose those words on purpose!

We both break out into laughs while I try to rub the heat from the back of my neck. I should know better than to think her word choice was coincidental.

"You're the worst," I groan.

"Oh please! You love me," she chides, rolling her eyes. "Don't tell me you still think he isn't interested in you?"