I want to break free

TW: mentions of abuse, harrassment, and manipulation

The next day as Kira got ready for work, he couldn’t stop thinking of the small brunette who had kissed him the day before.

It made him smile as he struggled to tie his tie due to his lack of focus.

As he finally tied his tie and grabbed his briefcase, he walked out the door and got in his car.

He stopped by a nearby cafe and got two cups of coffee, his mood not being brought down by the moody teenaged cashier that served him his coffee.

As he entered the department store with his briefcase under his arm and his coffees in hand, he entered his department.

He set down the coffees on a small table outside his office and unlocked the door, dropping off his briefcase before heading out into the store.

He calmly rode the escalator to the second floor and entered the jewelry shop with a soft smile on his face when he saw Haruna at the cash register.

Her brown hair was pulled into a ponytail and she was wearing the same style of makeup she wore the day before accompanied by a modest light pink dress that hugged her figure. It had long sheer sleeves that stopped at her elbow. The dress itself went down to her knees and the neckline wrapped around her shoulders.

She froze when she saw him enter the store.

“Kira! I-”

“Good morning Yukimura, I accidentally got a second coffee this morning so I thought I would bring it to you since I know how rough customers can be,” explained Kira as he placed the cup of coffee in front of her.

“Oh, thank you Kira. I just wanted to apologize for yesterday, that was completely out of character for me and I thought I scared you away,” Haruna sighed.

“Well, I’m here. By the way, you're dressed very nicely today, may I ask what the occasion is?” asked Kira.

“Oh, well our department manager announced yesterday that Sugiyama resigned, so today everyone in my department is dressed up the way they couldn’t when Sugiyama was around.”

“And you couldn’t dress the way you are right now when he was employed here?”

“Unfortunately no. He harassed most of us and it seemed like I was his main target so I dressed in fully covering shirts and kept my skirt below my knees.”

“I’m so sorry, that must have been awful….”

“It’s alright. I just finally feel free, like a weight’s been lifted off my shoulders,” Haruna sighed.

“I get that feeling. I felt the same way a long time ago,” Kira said.

“Well, maybe we can talk about it over lunch?” Haruna suggested, “if you aren’t still shaken up from yesterday that is…”

“I think that sounds perfect,” Kira replied.

“Alright, I’ll see you at St. Gentlemen’s?"

“See you at St. Gentlemen’s.”

----------------------------------------

Kira walked down the busy Morioh street as Haruna came into sight.

“Is that Yoshikage Kira with a woman?”

“I never thought Kira-san would have the space in his heart for romance!”

“Would you look at that, Kira has a lady friend.”

Kira ignored the words of surrounding people as he and Haruna walked into St. Gentlemen’s hoping that they still had some sandwiches left.