Chapter Six: The Monster

Your Pov:

"NANCY!!??" I hear someone shout in the distance. "What is that?" El asks in a shaky voice. "Stay  here I'm gonna check it out ok." I say to her. "Ok." She says lifting her head off of my legs. I run to where the shouting was and I followed it and as I got closer it sounded like Johnathan's voice. "NANCY I'M RIGHT HERE JUST FOLLOW MY VOICE!" He shouts. "J!?" i shout. "Y/n what are you doing out here?" he shouts at me. "I could ask you the same thing." "Y/n can you use your powers?" He asks. "Why?" I ask. "There's a portal here and Nancy is on the other side but it's almost closed and she can't fit and there is something on the other side with her!" He shouts. "Yeah ok!" I shout. I looked at the tree lifted my hand and cut the bark with my mind opening it just enough to let Nancy get out. She clung onto him, but before he could thank me I ran back to El.

"C-Cold." She says to me. "Oh Here." I say handing her my hoodie that was in my backpack. "Thank y-you." She smiles. "That's what sister's are for." I smile. She smiles back and I helped her put the hoodie on and sooner or later she fell asleep but I couldn't so I just kept thinking of stupid stuff to make me sleep which one of them was that I Left my curtains open in my room. I thought I had Heard growling but I thought it was just my mind and that if it was something I'd just scare it off. And Finally after what seemed like forever I finally fell asleep.

Steve's Pov:

"I just don't understand why we have to come to this fourteen year old house just to see how she is doing and then go to Nancy's. She clearly just doesn't wanna talk to you or even look at you." Carol groans. "T-That's not it." I say. "Yeah cause no girl would ever blow off King Steve." She laughs. "She was acting weird I mean, something was wrong. I mean I know that kid died but even After school she was acting weird." I say worried. "So what? Like, You're worried about her?" She scoffs. I didn't answer her and just continued to look at the road. "Aw, you are." She says in a lovey dovey voice. "Aw, Steve has a heart." She says again. "Would you just stop!" I yell annoyed. "Stevens in love." Tommy says. "Shut up just shut up." I yell again. "Jeez." Tommy laughs. "Damn sorry. But I thought you are in love with Nancy?" Carol says. "I am another reason why I'm not in Love with Y/n." I say.

I parked my car and carefully climbed onto Y/n's roof and looked through her window. I didn't see her but her window was open so I opened it and climbed through. I saw a bunch of stuff that was on a shelf which was pictures of her and her brother and mom. Then I saw a picture that looked like she was around eight and she was dressed as a zombie and pretending to eat the chief's brains, But why did she have a picture with the chief? I looked around seeing Skateboard posters and then went to her desk and opened a drawer to see a bunch of pictures of......me! I started to look at them and I saw my year book pictures and stupid pictures of me while I was hanging out with Tommy and Carol. And then I dug deeper and saw a sketch of me and I mean it was really good.

 And then I dug deeper and saw a sketch of me and I mean it was really good