"which one of these cases do you need us on?" izzie asked. 

"it's a really tragic one. just this morning i found out that i have over two weeks worth of dry cleaning that needs to be picked up stat," mark replied. he handed over the ticket to alex. 

alex took it, "that's it? cool."

"see, we're like a well-oiled machine, you and me. i also need you two to get me a sandwich from that pathetic excuse for a deli, karev you know the one i like. but go easy on the mayo this time. i think you're trying to kill me," mark instructed. "you want anything sweetheart?"

veronica looked at him, confused, "i thought we were going to get you a sandwich?"

"they are, you're staying with me."

"i'd like for you to stop treating them like they're your maids but that's not gonna happen," she responded. "i'd also like them to put extra mayo so it does kill you."

---

george found veronica by a coffee machine, informing her of what he had seen that morning. cristina was decannulating a heart, by herself. 

"lucky bitch," veronica muttered. "i'm stuck with mcsteamy and she gets to decannulate a fucking heart."

she had to rejoin mark, unfortunately. she didn't say a word as she filled in charts for him. 

alex and izzie came back with his dry cleaning and lunch. 

"there you are. did you go all the way to new york for my pastrami?" mark exclaimed. 

alex handed him a bag with his sandwich, "extra spicy, extra lettuce, low on mayo."

"mark... what are you doing?" addison questioned as she made her way over. 

"lunch. you want my pickle?" he offered. 

"seattle grace is a teaching hospital. and part of your job is to teach. your interns aren't your slaves," she scolded. 

"i've been trying to tell him that for a while, he won't listen, he's too far up his own ass, respectfully," she informed. 

"fine. no pickle for you. or you, sweetheart, you're mean."

"i didn't want your pickle, in any form."

---

veronica was woken up in the morning to cristina asking if her or meredith would turn themselves in if someone robbed a bank and no one knew they helped. veronica was confused but went along with it to see if she could help cristina in some way. 

she left before they could try and help because meredith started asking questions. 

---

someone had driven into a fish market, causing a load of traumas to come in at once. 

veronica noticed a woman standing in the doorway, covered in blood. she began forward. 

"maa'm? ma'am?" she called out as she rushed forward. "i need a stretcher over here," she yelled out. 

"i think i might be parked in a red zone," she spoke before she collapsed.

she caught her, "i need a stretcher please!"

---

veronica and addison were cleaning her injuries. she flew through a window. she sold vegetables at the fish market. addison was about to leave as mark was there to clean her cuts but mark called her back when she announced she was pregnant.