Chapter 52 - More than a crush

Start from the beginning

"Uh, sure, I guess?" He agreed so she would stop searching like a lunatic.

"Great!" She yelled, rummaging around in the cupboard for another bag and the scissors. "I normally wouldn't ask, but this is an emergency and no one else is here." She pointed around to the otherwise empty room. "Catch!" She threw the scissors at him and he caught them immediately, not even scolding her for carelessly throwing scissors. Honestly, he was rather overwhelmed.

"So, uh, how much do you need?" He held the scissors up to his head, ready to cut.

"A few inches? It doesn't even matter that much right now, I just need some" She answered as he cut his hair, dropping it into the zip lock bag as she held it out in front of him.

"That's perfect, bye!" She called as she made a bee-line for the elevator.

"uh, okay. Bye?" he said unsurely as she took off.

"Thanks Bucky!" She yelled as the elevator doors closed, leaving him stood clutching the scissors in the middle of the kitchen, alone.

"Your welcome?" He murmured, confused, just trying to remember why he had walked into the kitchen in the first place. "Oh right, training" He whispered to himself before walking to the staircase so he could walk down to meet the others for training. 

"Ven?! It's almost ten past eight" Peter whisper-yelled at her as she leapt into the car, slamming the door behind her. He had just watched her sprint through the garage, dodging all of the very expensive vehicles parked while also throwing both sample bags into her backpack at the same time. 

"I woke up late" She explained breathlessly, "Very late"

"what about your alarm?" He questioned as Happy pulled out onto the road. He hadn't even bothered to talk to her, the partition was already up between them and he didn't care much, it wasn't like he would get in trouble if they were late to school.

"I forgot to set it last night" She replied, fastening her seatbelt. "And then I forgot my samples and had to go back and then there was another problem, it just didn't stop" 

"Well, you're just lucky that we didn't leave you behind" He nudged her playfully. 

"You would never" She gasped, "not that I would be complaining."

"I have to make sure that you get to biology," He said, "I know you would just love to miss it at whatever opportunity you got"

"That's because of how dull it is!" She defended herself, "Now I'm going to listen to my music" She told him before plugging both headphones into her ears and turning up the volume to the point where she couldn't hear anything else. Peter didn't mind, he was happy reading further maths books on his phone. 

By the time the car pulled into the parking spot, Seven and Peter were already prepared to jump out and wasted no time in doing so as soon as it was safe. The two ran through the parking lot together, bursting into laughter when Seven almost got smacked by a car and ended up swearing loudly in front of one of the teachers, which she apologised profusely for.

They weaved through the students, running as fast as possible so they wouldn't be late to the classroom that was on the opposite side of campus. 

"I've got a stitch!" Peter called out and slowed down to a walk.

"What? No! We have-" she checked her phone, "Two minutes to get there!"

"Two minutes?" He asked, outraged. "That's basically nothing!"