Elijah caught sight of me, his smile noticeably widening. he wandered over to me, wrapping his arm around my waist while pressing a kiss to my temple, and then one to my lips. he tucked me into his side.

everyone else was too invested in their conversations to notice us.

"you look gorgeous, my love" he muttered, his eyes wandering from my flowing hair to my shoes.

i was dressed in my red silk, skin-tight dress with a slit stopping just below the garter i had strapped to my thigh. i wore the black heels from earlier, with a purse to match. my hair was loose around my shoulders, curled into faint ringlets. i wanted to keep my makeup natural, and my lipstick shade matched my dress.

we accompanied the rest of the group at the table.

alek was passing out more bottles from a new pack that had just been opened. we raised them in the air.

"to tonight, tomorrow, and every other day after that" alek toasted. we all cheered as we drank.

i had waited too long for this mission, everything had to go according to plan.

...

I curled further into Elijah's side as i played with the rings on his hand, my fur coat draped over our legs. elijah was pre-occupied on his phone, making sure we had our back up ready and waiting for when we needed them. i was busy trying to organise my racing thoughts.

Jacob Scuri was hosting a ball tonight, the man who i thought had killed my family. he had made my life hell for too many years, and tonight would be the night that i got my revenge.

"everyone is in position" elijah announced as he slipped his phone into the inside pocket of his blazer. i glanced up at him to find him smiling down at me.

"mi amore" he leaned down to press a kiss to my lips. i gently wrapped my fingers around the back of his neck to steady myself " i don't want you to worry about tonight"

"distract me then" i whispered pulling him back to my mouth. a sound erupted from the depths of his throat, and it made my stomach erupt with a hyperactive flutter.

i suddenly heard exaggerated gagging noises being made through the ear piece i was wearing "oh come on guys, we don't want to hear this" alek complained.

"i agree" silas and matteo chimed in.

i rolled my eyes "fuck off then" i quickly switched my ear piece off.

just as we were about to continue, the car slowly rolled to a stop.

Elijah sighed, resting his forehead against mine. i gently pecked the tip of his nose, causing a soft smile to appear on his lips. he wrapped his arms around my waist and laid me down on the seats. i tangled my hands in his hair, pulling him down to meet my lips.

A few minutes later, we finally stepped out.

elijah was right. i had nothing to worry about. with Alek and Matteo taking care of the CCTV and radio connection between the security, and Emma and Silas helping with the physical side of things, we had the upper hand. we could beat them. 

 "good luck, my love" Elijah whispered as he pressed a kiss to my earlobe.

"the same to you, my darling"

we trailed up the stairs to the main entrance. the night was quiet and cold, with only us and the door security around.

perfect