She picked up the first saree she found in her trunk, she had always been so fascinated by sarees, her first few memories of her childhood with her paternal grandmother were her wearing saree.

Maheen had made sure to teach herself how to drape the long seven yard fabric around her body skilfully.

Maheen tied her hair in a bun and wore the minimum jewellery she found

Maheen tied her hair in a bun and wore the minimum jewellery she found. She placed her bindi on her forehead and in the end took some sindoor and smeared it on her hairline.

She looked around the room once again and made sure all the lamps were burning at the minimum wick length and then walked out of the bedroom through the sitting room out of the chamber.

A few guards stood outside the chamber, they bowed down as she exited the room.

"Can one of you please take me to the temple. I don't know the way or I wouldn't trouble you at all." She said giving them a small smile.

"Yes of course Rani Sa. We were instructed by our king to escort you to the temple." One of the guard said his eyes on the floor as he spoke to Maheen.

"Okay." Maheen nodded her head. "Please can you explain the path as we go ?" She said and the guards nodded.

Maheen walked through the corridor and down a flight of stairs, as she stepped through a set of grand doors she realised she stood in the courtyard, the beautiful marvel she had seen yesterday. They walked around the beautifully crafted garden in the middle of the courtyard to cross the space.

"Can we not go through the garden ?" She asked one of the guard.

"We can your highness." He said giving her a curt reply.

Maheen frowned but decided to keep quite. Once they had crossed the courtyard a few more twists and turned later she saw familiar structures she recalled seeing for yesterday.

She saw the day break as she reached the temple. The sky changed its colour, and what she witnessed standing in front of the temple was nothing less that sorcery.

The walls of the temple glowed as the first few rays of the sun fell off them, standing where she stood it felt as if the source of light was coming from within the temple walls.

"Isn't it magical ?" Maheen turned listening to the voice and saw the old priest standing a few steps behind her.

Maheen bent down and touched his feet seeking his blessings.

"Always be happy my child." He blessed. "You are early for the Pooja."

"I decided to start my day early, so I thought since I was up I could come before and help with -."