07 || Confab At Zero 'O Clock

Start from the beginning

"PERFECT."

Yoongi chuckled, placing them on the island, he slid the cabinets open to get the spoons. Taehyung was already washing the strawberries, defrosting them while Yoongi scooped the ice-creams into two glass bowls.  

"Didn't expect you to have ice cream in your home, hyung" Taehyung teased. He knew the elder very well and still remembered the times when he used to drag him to the local ice-cream stalls after school.

"Bought it for my niece" Yoongi replied, still focused on decorating the ice-cream scoops with strawberries while Taehyung stopped washing his berries and looked at the other for a second. Niece.

"But she didn't want to eat it today. Said she will eat it only after three days," his face twisted into a confused frown while Taehyung straight-out laughed.

Yoongi looked at him, even more confused. 

"It's because of a deal I made with her in return for getting her out of the curtain" Taehyung explained, still shaking his head in laughter.

Yoongi smiled. He liked seeing the younger happy, like that. He deserved the happiness, and so did Nabi.  

"You said you will be back only by tomorrow evening? But ended up driving all the way to Ilsan from Seoul... Couldn't stay away from the little angel?"

Taehyung nodded, lips pressed in a straight line and a veil drawn upon his emotions. They seated themselves on the kitchen stools, side-by-side.

"Everything went well in the office, which looked more like a paradise, if I may add," Yoongi nodded, obviously been to the office before while Taehyung devoured a fresh spoonful of the ice cream "And also... had the blessings to meet the CEO himself."

Yoongi's eyebrows shot up in surprise "How is he? Have heard a lot about that champ."

A genuine smile painted Taehyung's lips unconsciously as he recalled the evening and a certain ravenette popped up in his memory.

"As far as I could make out from our conversation, he seems polite, smart, very amiable and brutally honest in business matters. Too mature for his age... well, he's the CEO of a multi-national company, what else could we expect?"

 Yoongi hummed. "As long as they treat you good, I'm fine. So, starting from tomorrow?"

"Yeah!" Taehyung silently clapped in excitement, not wanting to wake up his daughter.

"Are you that excited to work here?" Yoongi laughed in amusement.

"I don't know why, hyung but I have a good feeling about all this. I really want to start living my life" Taehyung spoke softly, eyes fazed by unnamed emotions, "Again."

Yoongi wrapped a comforting arm around his shoulders "You will. I'll make sure that you do."

He leaned on Yoongi's shoulder, which he always had. Right from his childhood.

"You know Tae?"

Taehyung hummed in response. 

"Nabi totally takes after you." Taehyung's lips stretched into a grin.

Yoongi continued, "She's bubbly, pretty, finds happiness even in the smallest of things.... and, she really likes to help. Today, she was trying to push the swing for a little boy, her new friend--- Hannie? Is that his name?" he asked, slightly confused.

"Yeah, it's Hannie, "the boy with a good daddy", " Taehyung chuckled, quoting the exact words of his little angel.

"Right. She befriended him in less than ten seconds" Yoongi shook his head in disbelief, "I mean... is that normal for all kids? I could have never managed that, I still can't."

"You just got to enlighten others more with your sweet gummy smile, hyung. Trust me, people would fall on their knees for you" Taehyung said in all honesty.

Yoongi shrugged. "They can go kneel somewhere else. I'm no Loki." 

"Pfft."

"Nabi's presence just lights up the whole space. She loves everyone and everything, Tae. Just like you do."

Just like I did. Not anymore.  Taehyung constrained himself from letting the words spill out.

"She is precious," Taehyung said, eyes glazing with concealed tears.

Sniffing slightly, he slowly pulled himself away from the other, disguising the tears with a yawn.

"You must be tired," Yoongi said, getting up from his stool to clean the bowls.

Taehyung nodded "Sleep is finally kicking in." He grabbed the strawberries package to put it back into the freezer.

"Let it be, I will take care of this. You go rest" Yoongi said, taking the strawberries from his hands. 

"Nah, hyung.  I can go after this" He slowly started rinsing the bowls, mind racing with the thoughts of his daughter.

After wishing each other "Goodnight", they made their way to their respective rooms, Yoongi telling him to come to his study if he needed anything as he'll be most probably working that night.

Taehyung closed the door behind him and climbed onto the bed, sliding under the covers without making a noise, like a teen kid returning to their room after sneaking out into the kitchen in the middle of the night for a midnight snack.

He gently wrapped his arms around Nabi, finding a comfortable position and shut his eyes to welcome sleep. Seconds later, he felt her cuddling him in her sleep, bringing a smile to his face.   

Taehyung was happy that his little one was cheerful and not mourning on moving out of their familiar city. She had never been one to complain, always smiling and accepting whatever he had provided her with, never demanding. He was a lucky dad, yes, but Nabi called herself luckier and that alone made him wish he could give her a beautiful family and a wonderful childhood.

Oh, how he wished for that to happen?

Sleep clouded his senses and before he could realize, he had already drifted into the LaLa land, dreaming of a beautiful family with Nabi and a kid playing in a lush green lawn on a bright sunny day, giggling and squealing merrily, and a doggy chasing after them playfully while he watched them play from a bench, laughing genuinely at the children's antics. How long had it been since he felt light-hearted like that? 

At the call of his voice, he turned around and his face immediately lighted up, eyes sparkling with happiness and a boxy smile flashing his pearly teeth. He waved at the person who had called. But couldn't see their face. He just knew one thing, whoever it was---- that person meant the world to him.

Nevertheless, it was a sweet dream filled with warm fuzzies and genuine laughter. After a long time, Taehyung slept with a smile on his face.

******

Hello, Lovelies!

Taegi friendship !!

I find it really adorable, do you?

Also, we got a glimpse of how Nabi feels about Hansol and Jeongguk? I think we did?

You~... You are~... My UNIVERSE!!

Don't forget the little star button!

Vote, share & comment, if you like the story that is.

-EuphoricOnyx-