Chapter 9

Turn on music "505"

"But friends don't know the way you taste"

Getting under one arm of Damiano, we slowly opened the bathroom door with him and went outside. He couldn't stand, if I let him go he would instantly fall to the ground. He's making unpleasant noises and humming an unfamiliar song. Ethan and Thomas seemed to be looking for us as we reached the roaring sound of the surroundings. Because they were walking around. They soon saw us, and Ethan pressed his palm to his forehead. It didn't surprise him that Damiano was in this state, and hecame running up to me. Grabbing Thomas by one arm and Ethan by the other, they took him off me.

"We were wondering, where were you"? Thomas is already sitting down on Damiano's chair and asking questions. I played with my hands.

"I was sweaty so I went to the bathroom to splash my face with water. Then when I came out the door I found Damiano on the floor. I think he wanted to follow me, but when he got drunk, it was not possible."

"We told him not to drink too much, but he doesn't listen to us. We get drunk all the time." Ethan was speaking reproachfully, looking at Damiano. I took my phone lying on the table and checked the time, it was officially 10 seconds before we entered 2022. How long had it been? I watched Damiano, he was just looking around with dull eyes. When I looked at his face, I thought of what had just happened and my cheeks were on fire. I tried not to think about what had happened, my thoughts, my feelings were turned upside down. What would happen next? Could I forget everything and move on? What about you Damiano, was it that easy to get drunk and kiss me? All these questions were making me lose my head. I wanted to escape from here.

İf l run, Will my mind fly away? No

So why do I have no regrets? Why do I feel so guilty and at the same time have butterflies in my stomach? I do not know. I guess I have a cheeky soul. Or I love it. Yes I love very much. I avert my gaze from Thomas as he pokes me. And I looked at Thomas as if to ask what's right.

"Final 5 seconds Vic, it's the new year come on wake up"

"I'm immersed," I smiled, and walked over to Ethan, holding champagne ready to explode. I rested my head on his shoulder, and he grabbed my waist with one hand. Dear 2022 please be good to me and us. Let's always be happy, and stay peaceful like this. And please smile at me about love.

"3...2..1" everyone started counting the seconds and when the clock struck 12, everyone hugged each other, the place was instantly filled with joyful laughter. I smile and hug Ethana and then Thomas. We came to Damiano and the three of us hugged him at the same time.

"Welcome 2022, wishing you a carefree year like Damiano" We all burst into laughter at Thomas' last words and hugged even tighter. When we looked at Damiano, he was already asleep. He was sleeping soundly in our arms. Unaware of what he did...

🕸️

Some things happen untimely and uncalculated in life. Like meeting the right people at the wrong time, or having what you dream of happening in a way you don't want. I never showed my feelings for him, we were close, we were very close, but in the eyes of people we were more than friends. Our hugs, smiles, touches are friends.
always lived by hiding behind the word of friend. Maybe that's why he never noticed my feelings, the way I looked at him. What about our kiss? Do friends kiss each other that much? Unfortunately, we can no longer hide behind the word "friend". He was drunk, I'm sober. He probably forgot that, but what about me? He will go on with ease, and I will be crushed by all these memories with my broken heart.