So when my eyes lay on him once I open the door to the room that I am now too familiar with to be my second house, I freeze. His head turns to the door and stops writing something on the clip board to look at the sudden intrusion. But he seems unsurprised but rather expectant as his eyes hold mine, the first time in a while. He looks all the same, tall frame with soft slightly tousled blonde hair, along with an attractive edges structuring his face, a mole right next to his left blue eye.

He held my eyes in eagerness following a play of a soft smile on his lips that instantly lit up his face, causing me to tighten my hold on the door handle. He is just so good in heart that I wish things would have been different, that I would had been able to allow myself to feel anything in his sudden presence. But no, he is my friend and would seem always seem like one if he ever remains in my life.

"Hey, it has been a while snice I have seen that pretty face." My eyes widen at his comment. He knows how much I am uncomfortable with attention; it creeps me out. He chuckles at the red hue that covered my neck. I am just not used to it.

My appearance did attract a fair amount of attention which I have been able to avoid especially at certain times were men would be persistent in their advances. There was a time where I believed that my looks were trouble, but noticing the same attitude being received by my coworkers as well. I knew that the problem wasn't necessary with me, but avoiding it would be much worth than meddling into unnecessary trouble at especially at my work place. I worked hard for this dream job of mine and I needed it badly now with the current circumstances.

Being cooped up in your room most of your life does aid in shaping you differently. I was not aware of the real world around me until my father left. At that point in life, I had to leave my room to tend to her needs when she could not do them.

Taking a few steps inside. "Hey." Smiling softy at him, dropping my eyes from his to look at the woman lying on the bed in front of us in a deep induced slumber.

Her once long auburn curls are now mostly grey and up to her shoulder. She looks so frail, skinny with pale hallow cheek and her under eyes are darker and deeper than normal. The many tubes she is connected to are scary, the constant beats of the machines attached to her are the only indication that she is still alive. Too afraid to touch the breakable woman, I remain within a distance silently looking at her.

It scares me seeing her getting worse as the days go by, I makes me crazy that until now I could not reach them for help nor am I capable of helping her myself.

I tried many times, sending emails, trying every possible number I have got of them from the old phonebooks, tried to trach their information from the bank, but nothing, it was like looking for a ghost that does not want to be found. My last hope is the lawyer, the one that visits every two years for any legal work. I know it was not his due time to get in touch but I was desperate. He was the only link between us, and I need him to relay the message that I have sent two days ago urgently. Her life was at stake.

A hand reaches up to my face to wipe the wetness that I failed to realize off my face. "she is so lucky to have you. She would be so proud of what you are doing for her." I cringe badly from the inside. His words cut deep. What I would do for her is yet to be undiscovered, for I would fight till death for her, for I will always try to show her that she is loved, that she does not need anyone but me. That the one she has been waiting for is not needed anymore.

The silent sob shakes my body as I trap whatever sound may escape me holding my hands to my mouth.

It was all my fault!

"Dior, she is stable. She is alright." Gavin gathers me in his arms with my back to him as my eyes never leave her. He tries to soothe me and my heart does warm up feeling him close to me. Feeling his heat warms me and calms me.

"She wants to die Gavin. I am not enough for her, she wants to leave me." I cry out softly watching her sleep.

"Hey, Hey calm down sweets, calm down. It is all going to be okay" He rubes my arms up and down in a soothing manner making me sink deeper in his chest.

We stay like that for a while, my mind is far away, unware of Gavin's embrace nor that she has opened her tired weak eyes.

"You are whoring around aren't you?" he voices strikes my ear in surprise and relief. Then I realize the hands that use to hold me seconds ago as they draw away from me.

"No, it is not what it looks like mam." Her words then register hearing his defense and seeing his retreating figure.

"You know your obligation. I forbid you of ever putting me in front of them, or them coming to me to tell me what a whore and a disgrace my daughter is to their precious family name."

Shaking my head, I lower my eyes. "I would never disappoint you mother."