Chapter 16, The Spider and The Butterfly

Start from the beginning

"Tell him that yourself instead of dumping your client to me." He replied sounding annoy.

"Ara~? You keep saying that yet you never do anything to stop me~" I said chuckling.

Ah truly he so fun to mess with.

I heard him sigh and most likely rubbing his temple in annoyance.

"What exactly do you want? Surely you didn't call just to talk about stuff like this." he ask with a tired voice.

"Ara~ You know me so well~" I said.

He didn't reply so I decided to just ask my question.

"Do you know Hisoka number?" I ask.

There no response from him for a while and I wonder what wrong.

"You there bestie?" I ask.

"Why do you want his phone number?" He ask after a minute of silence.

There something in his voice I couldn't decipher.

"Ara~ So your still alive~ Why do you ask?" I reply.

"Just answer the question." was all he said.

There that tone again. That sounded like anger and.... something else. What emotion is that?

"Because I want to contact him?" I answer as I decide to ignore his odd behavior.

"You two didn't exchange phone number before you left for your mission?" Illumi ask.

"If I did, which I don't, what makes you think I'll be asking you for his phone number?" I question in a deadpan tone.

Truthfully this is starting to get annoying. What with him? Usually he just give me any of the client phone number without any question. But then again this is Hisoka we're talking about.

But then again what with his behavior? Ah I should have just test my luck of seeing him at the auction tonight instead of having this conversation.

"You know what? I try finding him tonight at the auction. So goodbye." I hang up before he get a chance to say anything.

Illumi p.o.v
I stare at my phone after he hang up. Glaring at the said phone in my hand like it offended me.

Which it may as well have.

'Why is he interested in Hisoka of all people? What make that.... that stupid redhead so special? Yeah there both kinda similar in some aspect. Hiding behind a mask of deceit and lies and being friendly to everyone they met but keep them at arm length. He even being honest with that redhead when he never even told me the truth! All he tell are lies coming out from his mouth! Why couldn't he be honest with me and trust me? We live together for 10 years for godsake! Yet he trusted him sooooo easily when they only met each other for a few days at the hunter exam! Argh this is so annoying.' I thought getting more annoyed at my own thoughts.

Thankfully I was in my room so nobody can witness my foul mood.

Usually whenever one of us is in a foul mood he would be the one to come and comfort us. For the younger one he would sing to them or make something to eat for them.

For me he usually let me lay in his lap and started brading my hair or just let my head.

I miss that.

Why did he leave?

Time skip
Tomoe p.o.v
I hum as I sat in the dinning area of the auction.

Getting in is quite easy with the pass I have aquire even before this mission.

Originally I was planning to just come here and take a glance before leaving but.... I probably leave after getting Hisoka phone number.