The Wastelands Trailer

The desert was hot. Your throat grew drier with every step you took. Your bare feet were now bleeding against the rough terrain that you found yourself wondering.

There was no civilization in sight. No signs of life or of sanctuary.

Then, you felt a hand on your shoulder.
---------------
Red: Not a lot of people out here these days.

The old man set down a cup of water on the table in front of you. Well, it wasn't so much of a cup as it was a tin can.

Red: So tell me, boy. What were you doing out in the wilds like that?

You stared at the water but said nothing.

What were you doing?

Red: Well? Do you at least have a name?

Your eyes slowly moved up to look at the man. And in a hoarse voice, you spoke.

Y/N: Y/N.
-------------
You kept a grip on the reigns as the horse walked you through the settlement. The sight of all these people, broken, scared, sick, confused....it made you feel sick. They were dying.

Someone was doing this to them.

Someone did this to them.

You felt something begin to swirl around in your chest.
--------------
Emma: Heroes don't exist anymore, kid. They haven't for a long time.

Y/N: What happened to them?

Emma's hand rested on her glass as she thought back on the fateful day.

Emma: We lost.
-------------
Bang!
Bang!

You ran as fast as you could towards the only cover in the open space. You quickly vaulted yourself over the rough rock and landed on the other side as more gunfire hit it. You pulled out your own gun and cocked it.
-------------
Rider: We knows you in there, boy! Come out and let us talk to yous!

You and Red looked at each other from across the room. He looked worried, but ready for a fight.

So you will be ready as well.
--------------
???: You don't belong here.

You stopped walking and looked around. You then looked up at the roof where a girl was sitting among the rafters.

Y/N: What?

???: You're a hero. Heroes don't belong here. They only get killed.

You just rolled your eyes as you turned to leave.

Y/N: Good thing I ain't a hero.
-------------
Emma: And just what do you plan on doing exactly? Going and waging war on every leader there is? And how do you think that'll go?

You finished reloading your pistol. You then popped it up, locking in the chamber.

Y/N: Guess we'll have to see.
-----------
You walked away from the burning home, a belt of bullets and two pistols in one hand, and a bag of supplies in the other.

The hat you wore felt heavy on your head.
-----------
Ash: Heads up!

You spun just in time to avoid being hit by the speeding arrow. It hit it's mark, dropping the bandit. You then fired off two more shots as Ash moved to her next location.
----------
The crowd of protesters cried out their distaste for the dictator as the bots attempted to hand out rations.

Then, the Captains marched out.
----------
Ash: This was just a protest.

You kneeled down to examine one of the corpses. A small one that held a toy.

Y/N: No. This was a slaughter.
-----------
Emma: You must be mad.

Y/N: Must be.

Emma: You don't stand a chance against Doom.

You stopped and thought about it for a moment. You then looked back to Frost.

Y/N: Maybe. But I ain't an Avenger so maybe my chances are a tad bit better.

You winked at her and headed out.

The
Wastelands

You shot your pistol, but it just caused the man to flinch. You watched as the man groaned before the bullet popped out of his wound.

The man then slowly turned to you.

Y/N: What the fuck are you?

Then, the man did something truly horrifying. He lifted his hand, made a fist, and popped out three metal claws.

???: Someone you just pissed off.

Coming Soon
On
After_Dusk-IB