Our lips were just a few inches away and her beautiful button like eyes had widened and were shining like little shimmery diamonds.

But our trance was broken as we heard a commotion and my eyes fell on the fire torches and I understood those villagers were coming back... without understanding what to do I covered her mouth with my palms and I pushed her back into the caravan holding her close to my chest and quickly closed the door asking her to shut her mouth.

The men were roaming around us trying to find her while we kept an eye on them I didn't realise for how long I had held her mouth with my palms. It's only when her sharp gaze met my eyes I realised how close we were and also the fact that how beautiful her eyes were...I was lost in them

They were so innocent...so pure...

So knock knock!!!

Knock knock???

While she suddenly stomped my feet and I realised there was a knock again on my caravan door and I could see her shivering.

I asked her to hide again in the changing room and opened the door. This time there were more men outside the door. Some even held sticks with them.

'I already told you the girl isn't'

And before I could complete the statement they showed me the piece of her torn saree and I knew there was no go!!!

Before they began I tried to close the door shut but they barged in and within seconds they found the girl who kept kicking and fighting.

They kept dragging her down the vehicle and she tried fighting like a lone warrior but then something insane happened.

The old man slapped her!!! Her cheek went red and I saw blood oozing out of her mouth.

That's it I lost my calm!!! I began thrashing the men left, right and center!!! I felt like an unleashed bull and I didn't spare anyone!!! Some were thrashed, some were scared while rest ran away!!!

I turned towards her and saw there was hand print on her cheek...I slowly touched her cheek and she winced in pain...She was slapped so badly that her cheek was swollen.

I quickly ran and got the first aid box for her. She nodded silently and took the antiseptic cream and applied on her cheeks.

'You are not safe to be here... please leave...they will surely come back with more men' she said while applying the cream and somehow I felt guilty to leave her all alone and exit the village like a coward.

Yes she isn't my friend...not even an acquaintance!!! But somehow I didn't feel it right!!! These villagers were ruthless!!! She was right! They were goons! They could have done anything to her.

'Look this place and these men don't look safe to me...they can go to any extent to take you along against your will!!! Do you have any friends??? Relatives???' I asked her and she nodded saying...

'Fari...my...my childhood friend... she's a lawyer in the city... practicing in Mumbai... she told me she'll send someone for help...but I don't know her number is not reachable and nor has the police come to the village yet...I hope she's safe' she said and I felt sorry for her
..

'Ummm I can drop you anywhere? Maybe to the nearby police station???' I asked and for a minute she thought something and said
'But that's 3 villages away...'

'That is fine .. atleast you will be safe...hop on' I said and she smiled lightly. She had a beautiful smile.

I got onto the driver's seat and she took the passenger's seat and we began driving towards the outskirts of the jungle while suddenly we were shocked to see the crowd infront of our eyes.

There were about hundred men standing with fire torches trying to stop us and it looked practically impossible to escape from that mob!!!

Without a go I stopped my caravan!!
The men forcefully captured us and made us get down from the caravan.

'I will not marry that old hag...you guys can't do this...this is like taking law in your hands...this is an independent country and there are some laws...you can't make me get married to this old hag...I'm not a sheep or a goat!!!' she yelled as she was been brought to the wedding alter to get married to that old man...

I could see the entire village stood there watching it all like it was some tv serial. Even I was shocked to see this!!! It looked like some 90's movie!!!
Who does this nowadays bro!!! And it's not like these folks were uneducated. They even had smartphones. I could see however they had their own stupid laws. No wonder the policemen were also tied to the same tree they had tied me onto!!!

I could see the girl was been slapped multiple times and was dragged by her hair into the wedding alter and when my eyes fell on the so called 'groom' I was shocked.

His one leg was into the wedding alter other into grave!!! It's like he may even die if he was asked to breath a little more deeper!!!

He will marry her??? My father is younger than him dude!!!

I felt terrible for the girl who kept fighting and screaming. No one was doing anything. I was also tied up to the tree while I saw they let the lady police woman sit on a chair and she was tied to it.

'She is pregnant and the reason why they didn't tie her to this tree...this village is an ardent believer in goddess Parvati and they treat pregnant women right... thank god for that...' the policeman tied next to me said to the other one.

The old man was about to make the girl wear the garland forcefully while I don't know what made me do it but I shouted loudly!!!

'Stoppp!!! She can't get married to you'

'And why so???' the old man who was the Sarpanch probably asked me and in one go I blabbered...

'Because... she's my wife and she's pregnant!!!'

Everything went silent!!!

A loud combined 'huhhhhh' was heard from everyone and I gulped nervously and saw the girl whose eyes had gone saucers!!!

I felt a collated gaze from all the villagers upon me and I swallowed dry!!!

Did I go overboard???
Will they kill me now???

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Omkar lied to the villagers to save Mukta but what will the consequences be???!!!

Hmmmmmm...why so O.K.??? Don't you runaway from women???

Meanwhile Omkar looking here and there...*gulping nervously*

*Le me smirking and grinning*

*Sipping some hot water to clear my throat!!!*

*Ahhhhhh!!!*

So what do you think will be the consequences of this "small" lie 🤭⁉️

Keep waiting 🙃

Keep reading Keep supporting ❤️

Love Love ❤️
Yours_Nidhi/vpsisthename20