7 - The Runaway

3rd Person P

3rd Person P.O.V.

A giant flaming statue of Ozai stood so proudly that dominated the town square. Down on the ground, however, things weren't so fine and dandy.

Toph ran out from a side street toward the statue. She had reached the base of it and turned around, only to be engulfed in a net flung from the direction behind her. She fell to the ground, hogtied. As Fire Nation 'domestic forces' approach her, she looked up accusingly.

"How could you do this to me?! You betrayed me!!"
Katara stood over Toph with a glare.
"You brought this on yourself. I had no choice."
She folded her arms and turned her back on Toph.

The helpless earthbender was then dragged away.

— Three days ago —

Somewhere in an isolated area near the vicinity of Fire Fountain Village, Toph and Katara faced each other ready to engage in combat. Aang stood up between them, tying his headband around his eyes for a blindfold.

"Ok, I'm ready for some training!"
"Remember, you can use your earth bending sight." (Y/n) instructed as she too stood in the side direction from the other two girls.

He nodded, then assumed a fighting stance and stomped on the ground with one foot. Immediately, Aang watched the concentric circles radiating out from the impact of his foot.

Toph then bent several columns of rock in his way and he dodged them with ease. Katara attacked with a water whip and Aang evaded this as well, recoiling it back onto her and simultaneously hurling a boulder at Toph. She caught it on the end of her fist and smirked.

"Good job, twinkle-toes. Visualize— then attack!"
She propelled the boulder back toward Aang, who corkscrewed into the ground to avoid it. The boulder, obeying Newton's first law, continued on its trajectory and collided with Katara's chest, bowling her over. She angrily stood back up.

"Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph."
Toph obnoxiously wiggled her fingers and made a whiny face. "What's the matter? Can't handle some dirt, Madame Fussy Britches?"

Katara's eye twitched before she drenched Toph with a wave. (Y/n) sighed and stood from her defensive position. This might take a while...
"Oh, sorry, did I splash you, mud slug?"

Furious, both girls career toward each other on-ramps of rock and ice, respectively, collide and fall to the ground with shrieks of rage.

Aang, still blindfolded, popped out of the ground and turned his head to (Y/n). "Are... we taking a break?" She smiled and ruffled his head.
"Apparently so Tiny Monk."

Sokka, with an evil grin on his face, rushed toward Aang from behind, yelling, "Yaaaaaah, sneak attack!"
Without even turning around, Aang bent a column of rock in his path and removed his blindfold.