18 - The Earth King

(Author's Note : Decided to gone and post this one

(Author's Note : Decided to gone and post this one. Enjoy!!! ❤️)

Reader's P.O.V.

You three made it to your new apartment without anyone being suspicious of where you all went.

Entering through the door, you noticed a downtrodden Zuko enter the apartment, followed by his pleased-looking uncle.

"You did the right thing, letting the Avatar's bison go free." He said as he closed the door behind him.

"Zuko?" Said boy looked to you as you hesitantly came over.

"(Y/n)... I don't... feel...right."

He suddenly started to collapse unconscious to the floor, breaking a vase in the process. "Zuko!" "Oh no!"

You and Iroh rushed to his side. You held his head to your chest as he passed out. "What's wrong with him sir?!"

Iroh checked his forehead and sighed. "His decision has made his mind unstable." You look at him flabbergasted.

"How can one decision be so detrimental that it hurts his physical state?!" You looked down at Zuko, who began to groan.

"Ok, you know what? Nevermind. I'll do whatever you need me to do!" Iroh asked you to go and draw a cool bucket of water from the nearest well and to go and buy a few medicinal herbs.

You were reluctant to leave Zuko in such a time of weakness, but you did so anyway and hurried your way out of the door.

You came a little bit later after buying some medicine and then drawing water. You found Zuko stripped down into his sweats and laying on a futon in the living room.

"Thank you (Y/n). I need to switch out the towels for him. Please continue to dab this one to his brow. If he wakes up and gets thirsty, use this ladle and help him drink from the bucket."

You nodded as Iroh handed you the ladle and towel and moved to the back to grab more supplies.
You took the separate bowl from beside you and refilled it with some clean water. 

As you did, Zuko tossed and moaned on his futon.
You reached for your towel and squeezed the water from it.

"You're burning up. You have a very intense fever."
You mumbled as you gently placed the cloth over Zuko's brow.

"This will help cool you down."
Zuko feebly looked to you.
"So thirsty..."

He tried to sit up but was pushed back down by you.
"Here. Some clean water to drink." You supported Zuko's shoulders while holding the bottom of the ladle up to his lips to drink.

"You've got to stay under the blankets, and sweat this out, ok?"

Zuko grabbed your hand, surprising you, and drained the water completely. He then pushed it away, turned, and grabbed the bucket, pouring it down his throat and splashing against his chest.