-32-

JINX

Carl had knocked on the door of cell block D and handed her a rifle, "Andrea's outside." He told her, she nodded and followed him into the yard. She hung back a little from the group, staying just behind one of the trucks after Merle, Daryl and Rick ran out from behind it.

"Are you alone?" rick called out to Andrea, she didn't answer the question, only calling out for him to open the gate. He asked again and the blonde woman just shouted his name in frustration. Jinx frowned realising that Andrea was holding a walker in some kind of long handled grabber, the same as had been used to surround Daryl and Merle the night they'd rescued them.

Rick threw Daryl the keys and he opened the gate to let her in as she released the walker. "Hands up! Turn around!" rick yelled at her, pinning her to the fence as soon as she was through. Daryl raised his crossbow keeping it trained on her and Jinx didn't move, watching the whole scene unfold over the top of the rifle she held resting on the hood of the truck.

Rick began frisking her to check for weapons, but a walker slammed up against the fence and she screamed. He pulled her away and pushed her down to her knees before continuing. When he was done had leant towards her and hissed, "I asked if you were alone."

"I am." She told him breathlessly as Rick pulled the bag from her back and threw it away from her. She stayed kneeling on the ground as he went and picked up what Jinx assumed was Andrea's gun, though she hadn't seen her drop it. He said something in her ear before pulling her back up by her arm. Everyone else lowered their weapons, looking at their former friend. Jinx kept hers trained on her until they'd all disappeared inside the building of the prison.

She wasn't interested in hearing what Andrea had to say so she stayed sitting outside, the one useful thing to come out of her visit was that they weren't likely to be attacked if she was there and it meant Jinx could feel the air on her skin for a little while.

___

DARYL

They were all in cell block C except for Jinx, who was off on her own as usual. They sat around in candlelight as Beth sang. Rick walked downstairs with Judith in his arms, even Merle came in to listen. Daryl and Hershel were leaning against the doors to the cells and Rick came and stood by them.

"Some reunion, huh?" Daryl said quietly, thinking about Andrea's visit earlier in the day. She'd tried to convince them to stand down, telling them the Governor was building an army. She'd got to meet the baby and then they'd sent her off in a spare car they'd managed to get working after they'd taken the prison.

"She's in a jam." Rick responded, looking down at his child in his arms.

"We all are." Hershel agreed, he and Daryl both watching the infant in Rick's arms. "Andrea's persuasive. This fella's armed to the teeth, bent on destruction."

"So, what d'you wanna do?" Daryl asked.

"We match it." Rick told him turning towards the other two. "I'm going on a run."

"I'll head out tomorrow". Daryl agreed.

"No. you stay here." Rick told him, bouncing the baby slightly, "Keep an eye on your brother. I'm glad you're back, really, but if he causes a problem, it's on you."

"I got him." Daryl confirmed with a small nod. Rick said he'd take Michonne, "You sure that's a good idea?" Daryl asked him, concerned, he still didn't trust the strange woman.

"I'll find out." Rick nodded, looking back down at the baby "And Carl. He's ready. You hold it down here." He told Daryl looking back up at him.

"You got it." He nodded to his friend.