When He Awoke

DIN'S POV

The first thing he became aware of was pain. His right leg hurt, more painful than the rest of his body. His eyes slowly cracked open, blurred colors faded away to reveal more crisp images of a medical room. The awful smell of herbs being brewed fills his senses. The sudden awareness of a soft mattress under his body came into his mind. His chest ached whenever he inhaled. The roof over his head was a white concrete with bright fluorescent lighting. On either side of him he sees shelves and cabinets with vials of unknown liquids of various colors lined up in rows, along with a few bacta-shots and some surgical tools.

A faint moan escapes his mouth as he tried to make sense of everything around him. He didn't know where he was, and he was starting to feel anxious. He dug his hand into the bedding below him, carefully scooting himself up. To his surprise, he was completely stripped of his armor, except for his helmet. He only had his white undershirt and boxers on, and a thin white bedsheet was laid on top of him.

He looked down underneath the sheets at his left leg, he saw that it was held stable with splints. He looked to his right and saw his thick flight suit folded up, and his armor neatly piled in the corner, along with his pistol, spear, and jet pack. The memories of the collision floods his mind. He should have died. It would have been better that way. A warrior's death on a crashed ship. He no longer feels like a Mandalorian anymore. Now he's in a strange medical unit on an unfamiliar planet, his armor removed, his kid gone, and his covert missing.

He looked over to his left and saw a doorway, on the door he saw a sign that reads 'exit' in Basic. There were no windows. To his far right he could see another door, which might led to a storage closet or a refresher.

Then all of a sudden ...

The front door slides open with a hiss as an older man with gray hair and a white coat slowly walks in. He stepped inside gently with his hands in the air, and the Mandalorian instantly tensed up.

———————

"Hello, my name is Caid. I'm here to help you."

"I don't need your help!" The Mandalorian gritted between clenched teeth.

"Please, let me change your bandages," the man says softly as she takes a few steps towards him.

Slightly dazed and very confused, Din immediately reacts violently and snarls, "Don't come any closer or I'll kill you!"

The man flinched with terror and immediately ran out of the room. Din hears voices from the other side of the door. He turns on the audio transmitter on his helmet so he can hear better.

———————

NIA'S POV

Nia is usually the one who is responsible for organizing all imports and exports, either entering or leaving the town. Therefore, she has been quite busy all day packing up crates of nysillin herbs onto the back of a cargo ship to be sold for profit. As she carries a crate of the valuable plant from the back room, and handing it to one of the vessel's crewmen, Caid ran out of the clinic looking very startled.

"Asra! That man in the lockdown room, the one with the helmet, he threatened to kill me when I went to change his bandages!"

"Oh, well it looks like our friend is finally awake. Don't worry. I'll handle it," Nia says as she handed a crate to one of the ships crewmen. "How about you take over from here?"

"Asra, I don't know what you think you can do, but that man is dangerous. You shouldn't be in there with him by yourself."

"I appreciate your concern, but I know how to deal with men like him."