Chapter 8

That week have finally come, the day where Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian will let the people around them know what will happen in the future if they don't stand up to the Wen clan.

Before Sect leader Jiang, Sect leader Nie, Wen Qing, Wen Ning, Jin Zixuan and his mother can come to meet with Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian, the two of them have something else that they must do. For now the two of them is heading toward Hanshi to speak with Lan Xichen.

"Wangji, Wei gongzi, come in," they were surprise that Lan Xichen know that they were coming.

"Now want to tell me why you two want to see me so early in the morning?" Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian looked at each other, then back to Lan Xichen.

"Xiong zhang, Wei Ying and I want to head down to Caiyi town. There is trouble going on down there? We want you to leave this to us, we can't let anyone else getting involve or getting hurt."

Lan Xichen sigh, "when will you be back? Don't forget that we are having a meeting this week?"

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian nodded their head, "we will be back by either in morning or before night fall."

"Alright, be careful on your mission. If you need any assistance, send a message, okay?" The two of them nodded their head as they got up to leave to go back to Jingshi before leaving for Caiyi town.

After getting everything they needed for the travel to Caiyi town, they soon left cloud Recesse. "This time no more need to save that Su she, he almost make me drown in the water, I'm glad you save me that day," this make Lan Wangji smile because he remember how Wei Wuxian teasing him while he was holding onto Wei Wuxian back shirt.

By the time they arrived at Caiyi town, it was already sun set. "Let find an inn before night fall," Wei Wuxian nodded his head as he walk ahead of Lan Wangji.

The two soon arrive at an inn, "isn't this the same inn we stay in before?" Wei Wuxian smile at the memories he and Lan Wangji have of one another. "Even the same room too?" Wei Wuxian went to slid his hand across the book and the desk.

"Is still dusty as always," Wei Wuxian want to ask the waiter about it but he already know the answer to it.

"Are we going to share a bed or sleep separately?" Wei Wuxian teased Lan Wangji whose ear turn bright red.

Lan Wangji went to one of the bed before saying, "shamelessly!" Wei Wuxian couldn't help but giggle at Lan Wangji reaction.

The two of them waited for all the town people to fall asleep before heading out.

Once all of the town people is asleep, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji left from the window because they know that the owner lock their front door so no one can enter into the inn.

"Shall we ride our sword instead of taken the boat?" Wei Wuxian nodded his head to Lan Wangji idea. 

They unsheathed their sword, got on it and went toward the middle of the lake. "Wei Ying, your flute."

Wei Wuxian nodded his head as he bring his dizi to his lips and started to play an eerie music that sent chills running up and down your spine.

Lan Wangji look beneath them, he see the water ghoul starting to follow them. "Wei Ying, are you taken these water ghoul up the river?"

Wei Wuxian can only nodded his head since he is still playing his music. "I hope you know what you are doing?" Wei Wuxian can only grin.

Wei Wuxian take the water ghoul back to where they belong. It belong to the Wen clan now because they can't even take care of something simple like this. They even have the nerve to send it down river for the Lan clan to take care of it, what a joke.