34

Shen NingXin had been researching attentively.

Upon hearing Qiu YiBai say she was going to buy another box, she was taken aback, subconsciously turning around to stop her.

But before Shen NingXin could speak, she suddenly saw this person holding a piece of chocolate and looking at her intently.

She had a nervous look, her eyes gleaming, full of anticipation and excitement.

Like a child sharing their favorite candy with friends.

As Shen NingXin watched her, her heart inadvertently skipped a beat.

Don't you know how intimate it is for grown adults to feed each other?

Just how slow are you ah!

Shen NingXin let out a dry cough, the roots of her ears reddening. She wanted to raise her hand and take the piece of chocolate, but as though unable to control her body, something drove her to move forward.

Looking at Qiu YiBai's face, she then lowered her head and carefully took the chocolate from Qiu YiBai's hand with her mouth.

It was a strawberry-filled chocolate, carrying a mellow milky taste as it spread in her mouth, sweet but not overly thick.

It was the best chocolate she had ever eaten.

"Is it okay?" Qiu YiBai hurriedly asked when she saw her eat it.

"It tastes good." Seeing this, Shen NingXin quickly gave a thumbs up. "Really good."

No one didn't like being praised.

When Qiu YiBai heard her say it was good, her lips raised silently. Her previously nervous expression disappeared, and her eyes were full of delight.

"I told you it tasted good," she let out a light "Hmph", raising her hand to grab the stack of Zongzi leaves before fiddling with them in her hand, "It'll definitely taste even better after putting it inside the Zongzi."

That's not necessarily true . . .

Shen NingXin commented in her heart. She smiled and nodded in affirmation, then continued to study the method for making chocolate stuffed Zongzi.

The atmosphere soon quieted down, neither of them speaking anymore.

But there weren't any feelings of boredom. Even if they simply stood together, Shen NingXin soon felt peaceful; it was pleasant.

Shen NingXin pondered for a while before finally finding a suitable expression.

This was probably . . . the feeling of being at ease.

She kept on feeling as though because of Qiu YiBai's arrival, her small rental house had become a little more home-like.

It was as though suddenly having the addition of the warmth that belonged to a home.

Qiu YiBai had never cooked before and at most only knew how to make instant foods. At this moment, she had been holding onto the Zongzi leaves for a while now but still couldn't even form the shape.

Through her peripherals, Shen NingXin watched her awkwardly struggle, wanting to laugh.

The corners of her mouth curled, but in the end, afraid of breaking Qiu YiBai confidence, she quickly restrained it.

After adjusting her train of thought, she casually picked up a Zongzi leaf with her left hand and grabbed a handful of glutinous rice with her right.

Glancing at Qiu YiBai, she said softly, "President Qiu, let me try and make one first."

"It's been many years since I last made one," she said, "I don't know if my hands are still familiar with the process."