Chapter 10 : Mutiny in Fashion

Start from the beginning

"Me too," Yunho was smiling at him gently, rubbing his thumb over Seonghwa's shoulder in a calming way. He had gotten a nasty cut just above his eyebrow, and he claimed he had run into a low-hanging pipe that had fallen from the ceiling and nearly knocked himself out because it was so dark where they had been, but Seonghwa suspected he had just walked into a door. He had some sort of medication over it, but Seonghwa knew that it would scar eventually.

"How many died?" Seonghwa asked, trying to turn on his side but Wooyoung was pushing him back down onto his stomach before he could get any further.

"Three from our group, and seven from yours," Yunho answered. "I'm pretty sure that's what Mingi told me, he had seen the whole thing happen. We talked a little about what happened, but everyone is still a little shell shocked, so we're giving it a few days."

"How are you doing?" Seonghwa asked him again. Yunho was always quiet and the happy-go-lucky type. It was impossible to tell what was really going on inside his head unless he actually spoke about it.

"I'm doing alright, just processing it like everyone else," he was smiling again, and just like every time, it warmed Seonghwa's heart and helped him relax.

"And you?" Seonghwa reached his hand out and poked at Wooyoung's stomach. "How are you doing?"

Wooyoung was easier to read. He wore his emotions on his sleeve for the most part, but Seonghwa could tell he was trying to mask them and put on a mellow expression. The bags under his eyes were a clear sign that he hadn't been sleeping and even though his eyes weren't red, the skin around them was puffy, a tell-tale sign that he had been crying. They had only been back for two days, but the lack of sleep was really getting to the younger.

He wasn't as cuddly or outgoing as he used to be. He was reserved and drawn-back like he was afraid to make a mistake or to be seen. It was weird. It was quiet. It broke Seonghwa's heart.

"I'm just..." he started, forcing a smile that Seonghwa caught on to quickly. He stumbled over his words, laughing nervously when both Seonghwa's and Yunho's gaze fell on him in a worrying light. "I'm doing alright, just you know... like everyone else?"

His body was rigid, holding his arms around himself as he tried to tough it out. Seonghwa swallowed and grabbed onto Wooyoung's hand. The younger jumped a little, but almost as quickly he squeezed his hand tightly and relaxed.

It was amazing what a little human contact did for him, even if it was minuscule, Seonghwa could see the way his shoulders dropped some of the tension.

Before Seonghwa could say anything else, Yeosang was walking back with three ice packs in his hands. He didn't give Seonghwa any time to prepare himself before the cold reusable packs were being pressed against his skin.

The noise he let out was more embarrassing than he cared to acknowledge. He hated the cold- or anything cold for that matter- and the suddenness of the ice made him nearly jump out of his skin. But Yeosang was also wrapping a bandage around his waist tightly, pressing the ice packs against him even more- Seonghwa thought he didn't deserve this. There was nothing he could ever do to deserve this.

"Fuck you, Kang Yeosang," he shoved his face into the pillow and grabbed onto the sheets, nearly punching the mattress. "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you."

"Yes, yes, blah, blah," the blonde muttered, already immuned to Seonghwa's threats. "Ice and compression, it will be your best friend."

Seonghwa raised his hand up to flip the blonde off.

"I could put you in an ice bath you know, that would do the job just as well," Yeosang smacked his hand down. "But I am being nice and letting you get cozy in these lovely, warm sheets. Do not make me change my mind."