epilogue

-

-

Cleaning up a festival is not nearly as fun as setting one up, but Edmund insists the royals do it by themselves as a show of humility and care for the narnian people.

Peter watches Edmund and Luna spar with broken branches, and wonders if Edmund is just selfish enough to want an extra day to play before they get back to the grind of being kings and queens.

Lost in thought, he doesn't notice Lucy push a wheelbarrow beside him. It's filled with rotten apples, half-bitten from bobbing games. "So..."

Her coy voice is enough to make Peter nervous. He spares a glance, to see his little sister's blue eyes shining. "Luna told me everything!" she whispers.

Peter flexes his fingers. He hopes she didn't tell Lucy everything, but the innocent charm in his sister's expression seems to confirm that Luna kept the sweetest parts just as secret as he did. The thought warms him from his neck to his feet. He shuffles in place. Then, resolute, he confirms, "I'm going to marry her."

"I know," Lucy says. It feels like a blessing. "Maybe don't tell Susan and Ed yet. You know they'll start planning right away if you do."

Peter wonders if he'll ever be able to express his gratitude towards his siblings. He adores them in a way words could never properly describe. "I'll wait," he agrees.

"Is it wonderful?"

"What?"

"To have your love returned?"

Peter fixes his eyes on Luna. She's wearing a white dress that tapers at the sleeves to resemble wings. Like a dove or an angel. Or a queen. Her golden tresses fall nearly to her waist now. Peter remembers the smell of sea salt. Of lavender. Of warmth. He wants to take her in his arms right now, just because he can. The freedom that comes with loving her is something he didn't realize he would get. Suddenly the weight of a kingdom doesn't feel so heavy. Suddenly Aslan's voice feels less like a roar and more like a purr.

And as if she can read his thoughts, Luna turns, hair in her face, a wild gleam in her eyes. She's smiling at him, and he can feel the love as if it were a tangible thing, holding him up.

"It's incredible."

-

did anyone realize that the last chapter was truly the last chapter? i hope no one is dissapointed!

gloria will start soon, and it will be a winter story, so i might start closer to the end of oct, hopefully with a set schedule for you guys :)

would you want to see a love story for each of the pevensies? or caspian? i sort of headcanon edmund as greyaro/ace, and lucy as pan, so that would be the sort of direction i'd be headed. and caspian is my favorite boy, so of course i already have a story thought out for him. also i would probably give ed a new faceclaim other than skandar. nothing against him, but good gifs are like soo rare.

okay. thanks for reading and sticking thru the end! narnia means so much so me and i love exploring the characters that are so dear to me. i hope this was a nice little adventure for you guys!

note: i went back and edited the end of chapter nine. the wording seemed to make everyone think the scene was a dream, when it very much was not!!

other note: i'm very slow w these bc while narnia is a hyperfixation for me, it's like the last one on the list. i am currently thinking of nothing but bucky barnes and spider-man. so please be patient with me when it comes to the gloria update hehe

any and all questions or comments encouraged!! sorry for the long note!