"You guys can arrange dates, but if I don't see significant results I'm pulling you from football."

"What!" He screamed.

We walked out of the class and went to the cafeteria. I grabbed a yogurt cup and sat beside Matt.

"Is that all your gonna eat?" He asked.

Yeah Matt it is. Why is it any of your business what I choose to eat. I thought.

"Yeah, I'm not feeling well today."

"Oh, well hope you feel better. Your really beautiful you know that?"

I looked at the floor to hide the fact that I was blushing.

We arranged dates for our tutoring sessions.
Monday @ 7 Matt's house
Wednesday @6:30 My house
Friday @ 7:15 Matt's house
I programmed those dates in my phone.

"Well I'll see you at 7." He smirked.

Finally school was finished. I met Dawson and Zachary outside of campus.

"Hey Brooke." Dawson spoke.

"Hey Dawson."

"How was your day Brookey?" Zachary asked.

"Fine, how was yours?"

"Good, I have some math homework I need help with."

"Okay, but we will have to do it before seven because I'm going to the neighbours and tutoring there son Matt."

"Ooohhhh, Brookey's going on a study date." Dawson screamed.

"It's not like that." I spoke.

"Oh, okay." Zachary spoke sarcastically.

We got home and met Noah at the door.

"Brookey!!!" Noah screamed.

"Noah, how are you baby?" I said picking him up and putting him on my waist.

"I'm good and stop calling me baby I'm four." He said showing me four fingers.

"Brooke's going on a date with the boy next door." Dawson screamed.

"It's not like that, he needs to be tutored and since my GPA is so high the teacher picked me."

"Well have fun." Dad spoke.

We had dinner and I got ready.
I went up to my room and headed to bathroom. My dad walked in.

"What do you think your doing going to a boys house." He said slapping my cheek very hard.

"I'm sorry." I said frightened by what he might to next.

He took my leg and dislocated my knee. I bit my lip so hard I broke skin. He got up and left. I started to cry.

I slowly got up and walked downstairs falling at the last four stairs.

"Brooke you good?" Grayson asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine Gray." I replied.

I walked/ limped to Matt's door and knocked.

"Hey Brooke."

"Hey Matt."

"Whoa what happened to your knee?" He asked pointing to my knee.

"I don't know."

"Come in." He said watching me walk.

"Brooke your limping- Mom!!" He called.

"Matt seriously it's fine."

"Brooke no it's not, your knee is dislocated. My moms a doctor ( let's just pretend that she is) she will look at it."

"Matt please."

"What's wrong honey?"

"Look at her knee."

"Oh my goodness gracious. What happened?" She asked.

"I don't know."

"Come sit on the couch."

I hesitantly went over and sat on the couch. Matt sat beside me and I helped him figure out the question he didn't understand.

"The limit doesn't exist because.. BLAH .....BLAH..."

"Oh okay." He said.

"Do you really understand what I'm saying or are you just saying that because you don't want me to explain it again."

"I have no idea what your talking about."

"Okay Matt." And I explained the math equation again.

"Okay Brooke we are gonna pop your knee back in again it's gonna hurt a lot don't flex your knee just relax."

"Okay."

She pushed my knee back in place. I bit my lip and held Matt's hand. When Matt's hand touched mine I felt butterflies.

We finished studying and I went back home. My dad grabbed me and pulled me into the house and threw me on the floor.

"Matt's mom can you fix my knee it hurts." He said while popping out my knee again.

"I'm sorry."

He finished his speech about how worthless I am and I went upstairs to bed. I laid down on the bed and did exactly what Mrs. Espinosa did and surely enough it popped back in place.

I took off all the concealer and saw all my bruises and cuts on my face and body. I put on some pyjamas and looked out my window. Matt was staring at my face. He looked like he was in shock.

I quickly grabbed my phone and texted him.

To Matt:
It's not what it looks like please let me explain.

From Matt:
What happened? You were perfectly fine 20 minutes ago.

To Matt:
Yes, but I wear makeup to cover it all.

From Matt:
To cover what? Who does this to you.

To Matt:
Matt don't take this the wrong way but, I don't think I'm ready to tell you.

From Matt:
Please, I can help you.

To Matt:
I'm sorry. When we get to know a little more about each other I will tell you.

From Matt:
One question this is gonna seem crazy but does your dad beat you.

I read that last text and ignored it. I went to bed debating whether or not I should tell him.

What would dad do? Would be kill me or worse Matt? Would he hurt my brothers or mom? All these questions rolled around my head as I drifted off to sleep.