Space Between

Rain, Mal and Evie walk into 'Curl up and Dye'. Rain for the second time that day. Evie immediately smiles when she sees Dizzy sat making jewellery.

"Shh" Rain and Mal nod at her request. All three of them walk forward, Evie and Mal going either side of Dizzy.

"Evie?" Dizzy turns to her "Evie, you came back?!" they embrace, and Dizzy jumps up and down in excitement

"Hey, so great to see you too," Rain nudges Mal at her comment.

"Favouritism," Mal mutters and Rain laughs as Evie hugs Mal's side

"I can't help being her favourite," she smirks as Mal pushes her off.

"Is it all just like we imagined? Do they really have closets you can walk into? Have you been to a real swimming pool? What does ice cream taste like?"

A few AK's just stare in shock, they forgot how deprived kids on the Isle were. Dizzy didn't even know what ice cream was like...

"It's cold and it's sweet, and if you eat it too fast, it gives you a headache,"

"Really?" Dizzy runs to the front desk "I saved your sketchbook for you,"

"You did? Dizzy! Oh, my gosh. Wow, "Evie sits down to open it. Standing beside Dizzy, Rain can see the memories flashing behind her eyes. There's a lot of her outfits in there. Evie opens a random page "I made this dress out of an old curtain and safety pins,"

"It reminds me of the dress you made for Rain when she met Jasmine,"

A lot of people agreed. Although they laughed at the face Rain made remembering that meeting.

"You're totally right, Dizzy. This was... this was totally the inspiration for that," Evie seems to be making a realisation as Mal moves to start the smoke bombs and Rain takes her place on the other side of her.

"I knew it! You can take the girl out of the Isle, but you can't take the Isle out of the girl," Evie seemed shocked at that.

"Wow..." Evie mutters "I really tried to fit into Auradon and forget the Isle but...It's such a massive part of me," Evie looks disappointed in herself so Rain grabs her right hand, giving it a gentle squeeze while she smiles softly at Evie.

"Is this... too much, or is this fabulous?" Evie takes two parts from the table and puts them together.

"Hand me the glue gun!" Rain smiles, walking over to Mal.

----------&----------

In Auradon, Carlos and Jay go to make the wand replica, but run into Chad. After taking another one of his keys, Dude rats them out. Lonnie listens at the doorway while they tell Chad not to tell anyone about Ben. Lonnie off screen grins a bit, happy she was getting screen time. There's a short conversation on whether Chad would become King if Ben was murdered, and Ben glares at his 'friend'.

"Thanks Chad, really considerate,"

----------&----------

Once Evie started helping Mal and Rain, the smoke bombs were being made much quicker.

"That makes five smoke bombs,"

"That should be enough, right?" Rain asks and everyone can tell she's worried about Ben.

"Yeah," Mal pats her back in comfort.

"R, M, how amazing would this look, with my shredded tee and my heart purse," Evie holds a tiara up to her head.

"Very amazing,"

"Spectacular," Dizzy jumps up at Rain's words.

"Take it! Take a bunch!" Evie brings over her bag to put the tiaras in.

"Aw Dizzy,"

No one really has anything to say. This was just a sweet moment.

"I made them, inspired off your coronation outfit!" Dizzy tells Rain "Actually, the brown one is inspired by Rapunzel's tiara, and the one that looks like the queens crown well..."

"Was inspired by Belle's crown?" Rain guesses, laughing a bit and Dizzy looks down "Diz, these are beautiful. Thank you so much!" Rain puts the ones for her in her bag, before wrapping her arms around Dizzy's small frame.

Everyone was impressed with Dizzy's tiaras. And Audrey had to admit she had her eye on a few.

"It would make me so happy to know that you two were wearing something of mine in Auradon. Almost like me being there myself,"

"I really wish I could take you with me," Evie hugs her this time,

"She's probably been hugged more in that day that she has her whole life," Rain notes.

"At least one of us had our dream come true, right?" Mal just awkwardly puts the smoke bombs in her bag.

Rain would laugh if the look on Evie's face wasn't so heart-breaking.

"Yeah..."

"Guys, we gotta go," Mal prompts them. Dizzy waves and Rain pats her arm before watching her go back to the desk "She's gonna be okay,"

"Yeah, but she could be so much more," as Evie mutters this, Rain looks down sadly.

----------&----------

The streets were filled with Mal, Evie and Rain's laughter as if everything was the way it was before they all left the Isle.

"True loves kiss,"

"Works every time," they all chorus.

"I really thought that's what you and Ben had," Evie looks down at Rain.

"So, did I..."

"Pillow?" Evie asks her friend

"Pillow," Rain nods, taking a pillow from Evie and screaming into from discomfort, she scoots even closer to Evie as Ben just sits there awkwardly.

"You wanna talk about it?"

There's a short conversation where Rain says she's not coming back. Then, they fall into a song. Everyone is in awe of their voices together in a slow ballen. A few people tear up a bit, seeing how close the three girls are. 

----------&----------

a/n: just a reminder, that this is based of my 'Mother Only Knows...' Series. Things with Rain which are shortened here, are usually much longer in the main series (Like the whole last scene). So I really recommend reading those books! I've also finished the series, so Descendants 3 has been written for Rain.