Chapter 2 - "The Realisation"

Start from the beginning

"Ah, riiiiiiiiiiiight... You're getting the hang of this rather quickly! It seems Neptune-Sensei has already taught you a thing or two!" Neptune stated as she smiled towards Mei.

"I suppose you have." Mei replied as she smiled back.

"Anyway, dear readers - I hope you've enjoyed your first little taste of my beloved broadcast. I know we didn't get to go over much today, but hey - it's our first broadcast, expect many more to come!"

"Oh, and do make sure to check out my series if you've only played Honkai Impact!"

"Likewise, please check out our series as well, if you've only played Neptunia."

"Alrighty' then, we'll now return with the actual story. Bye for now!" Neptune concluded as she waved to the camera with Mei.

[BGM END]

St. Freya Dorms

After a bit of walking, and not without a lot of confused stares from the passer-bys towards Neptune, the newly formed Quartet had now arrived at their destination. Only a single door left blocking the path to their dorm room, and Kiana was about to unlock it with her key.

"So, is this where you gal-pals live?" Neptune asks, noting every detail she glanced at mentally.

"Yes. During our studies, this is where we live." Mei replies, a soft smile not going amiss upon her usual mannerisms.

"Wow, it's sorta... Retro? Old-fashioned? I dunno how to put it..."

Bronya slightly squinted at Neptune without her noticing. The other two were a bit thrown off, considering that whilst the corridors weren't exactly anything special for the campus, they were at least way better off on average compared to regular complex corridors. A new visitor would almost seem intrigued at how futuristic it looks.

"Oh, don't worry about that. The corridors aren't where all the cool stuff is, the rooms are!" Kiana contributed with a smile. She truly did have this place to call home.

"Ah, gotcha'! That's actually pretty smart for the interior designers!" Neptune replied, with an instinctive thought running through her synapses.

"So... You guys got any games in there?"

Kiana and Bronya immediately snapped towards Neptune, their interests being peaked almost instantly upon hearing that.

"Subject Neptune is a gamer?" Bronya inquired.

"Oh please, I live and BREATHE games! It's practically what keeps my nation afloat, other than me, of course~." Neptune responded with a confident smile.

Bronya's expressions returned to being neutral, almost as if she was taking note of something.

"Hmph, I wanna see how strong you are. I actually wanted to play a bit before I go off to study. So how about playing a fighting game, you and me?" Kiana challenged with a cocky smile.

"Heh, dream on girl. You're ten years too early to be going up against little ol' me."

A streak of lightning then spread across a pair of two individual irises, bouncing into each other in what can only be described as a beam clash. Both soon-to-be contestants were absolutely fired up.

As they continued to stare at each other competitively, Kiana opened the door and allowed the other three through, allowing Neptune to break away from her intense gaze and instead focused on the surrounding environment.

"Oh wow, now this is more like it!" Neptune announced as she walked across the dorm, checking out each individual room. It was quite spacious, and had a futuristic-like feel to it, to a far greater extent than to what the corridors looked like.