Chapter 15: Idle Mind

Chapter 15
Idle Mind

(Chef Sam prepared an elaborate 5 course meal for Nicki and the dinner guests.

Meek hired a full staff to ensure Nicki and her friends enjoyed a stress free evening. Plenty of drinks, deep conversation, and good laughs.

After dinner they stayed around and shared fond memories of their lost friend, Edwin. Nicki admitted that she felt partially responsible. They dismissed the notion as ridiculous)

Laurieann: "seriously Nicki? ... we would rehearse in Chiraq if you asked... I am behind whatever you decide 100%, we all are..."

(Knowing they support her gives her peace of mind. By 1230 all of her guest have left except Sherika, Laurieann, and her background singer Candace. By this time they were all intoxicated and diving into some serious girl talk)

Sherika: "so his mom and sister seem like nice people." (questionably)

Nicki: "here you go" (sneering)

Sherika: "i know the sex gotta be good.."

Nicki: (giggling) "a good girl never kisses and tells... but...*growls*"

Candace: "well I think we all know what that means" (laughing)

Laurieann: "Look Nicki i've known you how long?

Nicki: 'since the beginning.."

Laurieann: " exactly and i have never, in all those years, seen you this giddy and red in the face, so come clean"

Nicki: "its that obvious, huh?"

Sherika: "YES! both of y'all"

Nicki: "well.. (bashfully)... I am definitely in love"

Sherika: "awwwww, i knew it",

Laurieanne: "thats so sweet dumplin, I'm happy for you... really... "

Candace: "yes me too"

Laurieanne: "Ive watched you work so hard and do so much for everyone , you deserve to be happy"

(she leans into give Nicki a hug)

Nicki: "thank you Laurieanne, i am really happy with him... its completely different from what I was in before"

Candace: "like how?"

Nicki: "my role is completely different.."

Laurieanne: "oh yea, i can see that"

Nicki: "you know? i just feel free. My career is a huge responsibility already but with him I don't take it home with me..."

Nicki: "he tries to take care of everything.. ... i feel sexy, wanted... ... i can talk to him because he actually GETS me!.... i don't know"

Sherika: "so would you move to Philly?"

Nicki: "hmm, i don't know, all my business is in LA"

Sherika: "you gonna leave him?"

Nicki: "i'll go back and forth, plus we just signed a lease for a place out there" (a huge grin comes across her face)

Sherika: "what!!! oh my gosh!!"

Laurieanne: "you guys are just too cute for me! "

(Nicki excuses herself from the conversation and goes into the bedroom to grab her phone. She misses him already but he hasn't called.

She steps into the bathroom and undresses down to her silk lingerie. She snaps a full frame mirror selfie to send him.