Chapter 14: Lois Lane

Chapter 14
Lois Lane

Philadelphia, PA

(Today is the day of Meek's show in New York. Today is also the day Nicki lost a good friend to violence.

She wakes up feeling terrible after not getting much rest the night before. Nicki looks over to see Meek sprawled out on the bed in only his boxers.

She knows that he doesn't get much sleep so she carefully grabs her phone and laptop then eases out of bed making sure not to wake him. She sets up an office at the Desk/studio area of the condo. It's time to tackle the devastating news.

She calls Manny to find out more about what happened. Her timeline is blowing up from mentions of the incident and other celebrities tweeting out memorials)

Manny: "We hate to see him go like that.."

Nicki: "I feel like its my fault.."

Manny: "WHY?.. he had beef with some people out there, that had nothing to do with you"

Nicki: "I know.... I just..."

Manny: "I love you Nicki, this is not your fault in any way, case closed. Alright?"

Nicki: "yes... well please go ahead and give his mother my phone number if she needs anything and let her know I got his expenses covered...ok?"

Manny: "alright, ill let her know, don't stress yourself"

Nicki tells Manny to cancel rehearsals for today and the next day to allow some time for grievance.

Minutes later she gets a 3-way call from two of her best friends since high school , Thembs and Tyesha:

Nicki: "hey Thembs"

Thembs: "hey Nicki"

Tyesha: "hey baee"

Nicki: "oh its both of yall, yall tryna tag team the kidd?" (they all start laughing)

Thembs: "were glad to hear you laughing, we heard about everything.."

Nicki: "its crazy right? Like I feel so bad"

Tyesha: "I know, its terrible, but you gotta be strong for your team"

Nicki: ".. I just feel like, if I would've had the rehearsals in LA, that none of this.. i don't know..."

Tyesha: "but it could've happened anywhere"

Thembs: "exactly, you know how niggas clown when they drink"

Nicki: "the timing is just all bad... were going to miss him being around, that was my baby.."

Tyesha: "Meek knew him?"

Nicki: "not really, he said they met in passing..."

Thembs: "mmm hmm" (lightening the mood) "I see y'all officially booed on the gram now, this is getting pretty serious?"

Tyesha: "right, we had to hear it from Sherika? about him being in your hotel...."

Thembs: "scandalous!!"

Nicki: "oh... my.. god, seriously y'all STOP, y'all been KNEW! .... & now is not the time" (jokingly)

Thembs: "then when!?"

Nicki: "we are not officially official, were just having fun"

Tyesha: "what the hell is ..."