Chapter 7

*artcreds: (me) @odelmika on insta*

trigger warning: *mentions of suicide*

updates abt this story will be posted on my odelmika tik tok

word count: 15k+

*flashback 9 years ago (5th grade)*

(btw just a fact that I didn't mention before is you meet Connie, Sasha, and jean in middle school but you've known eren since you were 5.)

You were on the verge of tears in the Jaegers household. While Carla and Eren were getting ready, you were hiding in the bathroom. Your fifth-grade dance was today, and you were extremely nervous. Carla was taking you because your parents were both working... of course. You despised the way you looked, you just know that all the other girls there would look far better than you.

Your social anxiety always killed you, you weren't good at making new friends and meeting new people. Even though you went to the same school as everyone else who would be there, you were nervous because you didn't have any friends there except Eren.

What bothered you the most was that a few mean girls made fun of you the other day. You were afraid they would make fun of you again. Make fun of your outfit or appearance. You weren't particularly popular at school, but you weren't an outcast either. You just kept to yourself and were extremely shy and quiet. Nobody bothered you, but for some reason, these girls won't leave you alone.

Eren, on the other hand, was the polar opposite; he was outgoing and social. People, and sometimes you, wondered why he was friends with you. Why does someone that everyone wants to be friends with care so much about you? You don't like to think about it too much because you'll end up overthinking it and become anxious.

You desperately want to be like other girls, despite the fact that you're only ten years old, your body image and confidence level are so low. You only had your mother to thank for that. From a very young age, she did nothing but make you feel bad about yourself.

You hear a knock on the door which snaps you out of your thoughts.

"y/n, I'm coming in honey," Carla says as she opens the door, and you quickly try to wipe your tears away.

"Look what I found," she says as she walks in, her gaze fixed on the necklace she is holding. "This would look so pretty-" she begins, but stops when she notices you crying.

"y/n, what's the matter?" She asks, her face softening, she hated seeing you cry.

"Nothing," you quietly state.

She approaches you from behind and places her hand on your shoulders. She knew you well enough that you didn't need to tell her what was wrong; she already knew. She could tell by your demeanor and the way you were looking at yourself in the mirror that you were probably insecure about your appearance and were nervous about going.

"y/n you look beautiful," she says, smiling as she looks at you in the mirror. You sniffle and fiddle with your fingers as you look down and shake your head, "no I don't, these girls are going to make fun of me, I don't want to go anymore." you say softly as you continue to fiddle with your fingers. You would get anxious a lot and you would often fiddle with your fingers or if you were sitting you would bounce your leg up and down. It was a nervous habit you randomly developed.

Carla takes your hand in hers, enabling you to stop fiddling with your fingers. She bends down to your level, turning you towards her. "Y/n Are you really going to let a couple of mean little girls ruin your fun?" she asks and when you don't say anything she sighs.