"Oh and for the event entertainers, here are the list. I've sent samples of their performances via email. If you have problems with any of them, please let me know beforehand so we could look for alternatives." I said, giving them the paper where I listed about ten entertainers including Binna and her boyfriend, Seo Eunkwang, that I finally remembered after rewatching a video of him singing in one of our previous events.

By the sound of his voice, I could tell he's totally Binna's type.

* * *

"Mia, did the new employee come yet?" I asked Mia when I got back to the office later that day after meeting up with so many of the people on my list for Chaewon's wedding.

Mia rushed towards me, hugging a file in her arms. "Eonni, I'm on my way out but the new officemate is really handsome!" She whispered excitedly.

I chuckled, shaking my head at her. "Aigoo, you seriously-"

"Hello, I'm Yook Sungjae!"

I looked past Mia to the familiar tall man standing just behind her with a bunch of papers in his arms. My jaw dropped in disbelief. "Yook Sungjae, what are you doing?"

"Noona! Right, I don't know why I'm here either but my mom said I have to work my way up the company."

"Waitㅡmy boss is your mom?"

Sungjae smiled charmingly at me. "Correct. Don't tell her I told you guys though. She's really adamant about keeping it a secret. It's not like I'm a chaebol."

Mia and I looked at him. "But... your mom owns the company and we're not the only branch so that means you're a pretty rich kid. Doesn't that mean you're a chaebol?" She asked.

I blinked to snap myself out of it. "Mia, where are you going?"

"Ah, I'm checking the materials they're delivering at the main office today and then I'm going home."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

Mia bid her good bye to me and Sungjae. I sat behind my desk and took a moment to breathe because today had been so hectic.

That's when I received a message from the hospital, asking for my confirmation about my request for my mother's transfer.

"Noona, is there anything I can do?" Sungjae asked, peeking over the computer monitor on his desk awkwardly.

I looked at my phone and then back at him. "I have to go somewhere. I'm done for today. You just go home."

He stared at me in disbelief. "But I just got here!"

"Didn't you come after lunchtime?"

"Yeah... but Mia sunbae just asked me to photocopy so many files. Perhaps, are you both going easy on me because you knew who I am?"

I chuckled. "No way. Well, if you want work, sort the photocopies and then go home. I'll see you tomorrow. 8 A.M sharp. Don't be late."

Sungjae pouted like a child. "Okay."

* * *

I drove to our hometown, back to the apartment where mom and I lived so shortly because I left as soon as I had to go to college.

I was going to get her some clothes but I was baffled by how different the house looked now. Empty bottles of soju filled the corners of the kitchen. Dirty laundry were hanging on the couch. The air was tight inside and the smell of cigarette still lingered. Dirty dishes piled up in the sink.