Chapter 3

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE, PART 1
Chapter 3: First Day of Damned School

Yuhee

First day of senior year sucks without you. Miss u girl. You're only a few weeks there and you're already on tiktok? How much more are u gonna change yoo yuhee? Anyway, good luck! Hope u meet cute guys!!

I smiled and rolled my eyes at Jayoon's text before I walked around the curb and finally looked up to see the building, my new high school. Not to be dramatic but as soon as I stepped over the line of the gate, I already felt trapped.

Someone knocked me over from behind and I dropped my phone and I stared at it in horror for a few seconds.

“Aigoo, I'm sorry! Sorry! I didn't see you.”

Peniel picked up my phone, inspecting it back and front, dusting it off with his uniform before handing it back to me. “OhㅡYuhee...” He said, finally looking at me.

I took the phone and checked it again, breathing in relief when all is fine. I looked at Peniel. “Look where you're going next time.”

He blinked twice at that. “...Are you mad?”

“No, it's just my face.”

He smiled at that. “I'll be careful next time.”

It's a little weird to see Peniel without Pennie, and in uniform. Suddenly, he looked younger.

“Peniel, my boy!” A group of guys were coming over.

“See you later!” Peniel told me before he jogged over to his group of friends. They seemed really happy to see him. One of them, a guy with slightly curly hair, looked back at me and smiled just a little before turning back to his friends.

I wish I have those kind of friends. I miss Jayoon already.

“Yuhee!” Ah, that voice. “We've been looking for you.” Chaewon said. Danbi trailed behind her.

Chaewon, it's only half past 7 in the morning and classes start at 8. I'm pretty sure you don't like me that much to look for me this early.

I wanted to say those things but... nevermind. I gotta work this budding friendship. I have a whole year ahead of me.

“Oh my god. Did you see your TikTok followers?” Danbi asked.

I haven't really checked TikTok. “Not yet.”

“Girl, you have over a hundred over night! Perks of being featured on my account!” Chaewon said excitedly.

Oh shit. “Oh” I said, taking my phone out and checking TikTok. Holy shit. The TikTok video has 812 views from Chaewon's account. 812 people saw me doing that stupid dance? Bury. Me. Now.

“Yuhee! Are you with us?” Chaewon asked, waving a hand right in front of my face.

I have 105 followers overnight.

“What do you have for first class? Maybe we have the same homeroom.” Danbi said and I literally froze. Please God, no.

I took out my printed schedule and said, “I have literature. Class 3-10.”

Chaewon stopped walking. “That's Peniel's class, right?” She was asking Danbi.

“Yeah,” The latter replied. “We're in class 3-9. A shame we're not together.” She told me.

I actually smiled more than I ever did when I was with them. “It's fine. We'll see each other during breaks.”

Danbi smiled. “Our classroom is near yours so if you need anything, just text or visit us.”