Chapter 4

"Knock knock," Jackie says. She comes into the my room even though its locked. Hmm. Where did she get a key? I'll have to remember that.

"Hey Jackie! Here to make me spill my guts?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yep! Spill your guts all over the room." She replies.

"You are so disgusting! I literally might spill my guts!" I laugh.

"Okay. Just tell the story already!" She urges. Can this girl just take a chill pill?

"Well, um, I, um, Xander came in and said if I wanted to go get ice cream. And we got there, but it was closed. He told me that the car ran out of gas." I explain.

"Go on," she says.

"Then, um, I wanted to go to sleep, so he told me to sit by him, so, um I did, and I fell asleep. That's it." I say.

She looks at me suspiciously. "Hmm." She says, finally. "That'll do for now." What the heck? What does that even mean?

"Okay." I say. But I wasn't through. "And one more thing, where'd you get the extra key?"

She doesn't look at me. "Well, um, I kinda, um, I stole it." She admits. I stare at her, wide eyed. Okay then.

"Well then I need yours." I answer.

She digs into her purse and pulls out her key card. Good, now I have it for future purposes.

"Okay. You can leave now." I say. I push her out into the hallway and lock the door. And I push a chair in front of it. Just in case.

20 seconds later, there's a knock.

"Jackie, go away!" I yell.

"It's not Jackie." Xander says. I let him in.

"Yes?" I ask.

"What? Can't a guy just walk into his girlfriends room?" He says. I'm his girlfriend now? Girlfriend? Am I ready for this?

"Am I really your girlfriend now? I mean, you just broke up with Nicole last night." I say. I look at him with innocent eyes.

"Of course, Iz." He replies.

"Will you stay here?" I ask.

"Sure." He tells me.

"I mean all night. I've been having nightmares lately." I say.

"Oh. Okay. Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm sure," I answer. "If you're fine with it."

"Uh huh." He tells me. He points to the bed. I nod. We climb in and get under the covers. I rest my head on his shoulders and get comfy.

"Goodnight, Alexander." I sleepily say.

"Goodnight, Isabelle." He replies.

I kiss him on the cheek and fall asleep