Chapter III.

(C.W - PoV)
"No, really! I've always wanted to work from home, but New York is so lame" I said, smiling brightly at the boy. It was hard to talk to him, since he refused eye contact and all. After a while I just gave up.

"Uhm.. I'm going to go talk to Samuel." I said awkwardly, and Théodore nodded. "Mhm. You do so." He said, still not looking at me at all. I sighed and walked over to Samuel who had already made himself comfortable in the couch.

"Hey! Come! It's football" He said with a smile on his face. "Ah, sure. I don't really watch football though" I said shyly as I took a seat next to him. "That's okay. It's- God damnit!!! You could've made a goal right there!!!" Samuel cursed out, shocking me slightly. "Don't mind him. He gets like that when he watches any kind of sport." Théodore said and took a seat to my left, but he kept his distance. Unlike me and Samuel. I gazed at him for a bit before looking back at the screen.

Samuel would shout out of either happiness or rage as we watched, and it felt like hours were just flying by. "Did you see that!? It was so close!" Samuel said without looking at me, tapping my leg with his hand hysterically. I giggled at they way he acted. It was kind of cute. I then shook my head and leaned back in the couch. "I'm bored." I mumbled out.

"Théodore. Help her. I'm busy watching the game" Samuel said. Théodore rolled his eyes and sighed, putting his cup of coffee on the coffee table. "Come on then." He said awkwardly as he stood up, and I nodded. "Alright." I said.

We walked all the way out of his room, through a few halls and into what seemed to be an entertainment room. "Basketball, DVD's, music, gaming. Try out anything." He said carelessly and took a seat in an armchair by the mini library. I was fascinated by how careless he could be, but I decided to just leave it be.

"Ooh!" I mumbled to myself as I saw the Foosball table. "Hey! Let's play a round!" I challenged the tall boy. He calmly placed a bookmark in his book before shutting it and looking up at me. "That's not necessary. We already know who is going to win" He said arrogantly, and I could see how he resisted the urge of smirking at me. I watched him as he proudly leaned back in his chair, crossing his legs and placing his hands on the back of his head.

"Fine then. Be a wuss" I said teasingly, looking down at the Foosball table. I could nearly feel him freeze and look up at me. "I beg you pardon?" He asked in a dead serious tone. I smiled as I heard his reaction. I could then hear movement, and so I looked up to see him coming my way. He then stood on the other side of the table, grabbing onto two of the handles. He still had a dead serious look on his face.

"Fine then. Let's play." He said and we both looked down. I then dropped the ball, and I could barely even tell what was happening. The ball moved from player to player so fast that I couldn't even tell where it was. And before I knew it, I had lost. I looked up at Théodore with a shocked expression.

"What? I told you I spent a lot of time at home" He said on a teasing tone before walking off. "Our mother was heading to the city later. Be prepared, because she's going to want us to come along." He said. It was obvious that he knew his mother's ways by heart, which was kind of sweet to me. "Right! And what do I have to prepare except my phone?" I asked. The boy stopped and looked at me, then chuckled. "A mask, of course."

I looked at him for a while. "Why a mask?" I asked. "Viruses." He said shortly before leaving. "Germaphobic much?" I thought and then headed to the one guest room that I had been gifted. As I was looking for something mask-like in my suitcase, I heard steps from behind. I turned around and smiled in confusion.

"Fuck! I was going to scare you!" Samuel said and laughed. I laughed along with him, and then harked myself. "Hey, do you have a spare mask anywhere?" I asked and looked at him. "We have plenty in the garage. Come on." He replied and motioned me to follow.

In the hallway, we passed their mother. "Ah! Samuel, mon chéri. Are and Charlotte coming along to the city? I have already spoken with Théodore." She said in her soothing voice. Samuel looked at me with a questioning expression and I shrugged. "Sure. We'll come along." He said. "Now come on, you need a mask first" He said and grabbed my hand, hurrying down the hall. I blushed lightly as I felt his warm hand get a grip of my own, but I shook the feeling away.

Once we had gotten to the garage, I gasped in amazement. "Woah... You have so many cars!" I said. "Yeah. Aren't you living like this too?" He asked as He looked through some boxes. "Yeah, but we live in an apartment in New York." I replied and looked around. He eventually found the right box. "Here. Just take one" He said and showed me the inside of the box, which was full of masks. I nodded and took one, putting it on. It was just a basic blue mask, but it was okay.

We then headed upstairs, and Samuel pulled out his black one out of his pocket. Their mother had a white one, and Théodore was not to be seen. I looked around, trying to find him. "Ah, don't worry about Théodore. He's already out in the car" Their mother said and I smiled at her, nodding carefully. I felt slightly embarrassed about the fact that she had noticed.