Engagement?

Looking at my reflection in the mirror I gazed at the dress that was fitted to my body. The weightless fabric reached the floor with a small trail flowing behind.

The small pearls scattered over the dress made it even more stunning. Small silver clips were neatly placed into my hair keeping it up and away from my face.

Retrieving the small bouquet of roses that were placed onto the table I held them in my hands. Tiny blue roses were flowering through as a white ribbon had them tightly wrapped together.

"Not long now" one of my friends whispered happily.

Upon hearing a knock at the door my heart began to race. As I watched one of the bridesmaids opened up the door her smile lifted the moment she saw her older brother Taehyung.

Walking inside my smile grew once I caught eye with him. His black tuxedo fitted his body like a glove, he looks so smart and handsome. Memories of the day we met came flooding back.

"Are you all ready?" He asked with a bright smile.

"Yes" my older sister Poppy chimed as she picked up her bouquet of roses.
Looking over to Poppy a huge smile grew onto my face, she was the most beautiful bride.

So you though it was myself and Taehyung getting married, oh no. We have been dating for over five years and he still hadn't asked me to marry him.
We didn't want to rush things, but now, after today I would be the only one out of my friendship group who wasn't a married woman.

I was always the bridesmaid but never the bride.

Being the maid of honour for my wonderful sister and being with her through every dress fitting began to make me think, 'I want to experience this all for myself one day.'

I wanted to know how wonderful it would be to walk down the isle to the person you loved most, how their smile would light up the moment they saw you. Everyone's eyes on you and the lucky soulmate.

"Hey squirt, quit day dreaming and take my train." Poppy called snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yes, sorry sis" I chuckled as I held the back of her wedding dress in my hands, Taehyung taking hold of my bouquets as he walked with us.

The moment myself and Poppy saw our father he began to tear up. "You both look absolutely beautiful." Wrapping both of our arms around his body he held onto each of us tightly.

"My babygirl is all grown up." He smiled as he looked over to Poppy.
Gently placing her train onto the ground I began to hear commotion between them both. His smile was so bright that it sent a small pang to my heart.
I hope he looks at me that very same way on my wedding day.

"She looks beautiful" Taehyung whispered as he handed me back my bouquet of flowers. "Couldn't agree more" I replied as I looked over to them, yet I could feel Taehyung's eyes on me.

"Ok is everyone ready?" The wedding planner called as he grabbed all of our attention. Watching as the bridesmaids and groomsmen pair up, myself the maid of honour and Taehyung the best man linked arms with one another.

"You also look absolutely beautiful" Taehyung smiled as he looked down to me. A small smile creeping onto my face as my cheeks grew warm.
"Can't wait to see what you look like on our wedding day" he added.

Watching as the doors opened wide my grip on Taehyung's arm tightened ever so softly. As the music began to play the first pair began to walk down the isle.

"Ready?" He whispered as we took our first steps. Smiles expressed on our lips as we walked down the isle together.
Upon reaching the end i saw my mother standing there with tears in her eyes as wonderful smile formed on her face.