//0.3

✾

He could just go for it— but he doesn’t think that sort of boldness will get through Taehyung’s apparently thick skull. If he steps out of line, it’s gotta be with suggestion. That’s worked best so far. So, Jeongguk decides that his best opportunity is to wait until Taehyung tries to dismiss him.

And he does. Taehyung looks up at the clock at five minutes to, and puts his pen down, straightening out the form to make sure it’s neat before his eyes move to Jeongguk, already looking back at him.

“Have you finished?”

Jeongguk finished about ten minutes ago, but he didn’t want the asshole giving him any more, so he didn’t mention it.

“Yep.”

Taehyung laughs, lightly.

“There, that wasn’t so hard, was it? Put everything back in the box, leave it on the table and come sign this. Then you can leave.”

“Wow,” Jeongguk drones in monotone, “A whole two minutes early?”

“What can I say?” Taehyung quips right back, “I’m easy.”

Not quite, apparently.

Jeongguk does just that, shoving everything in the box on the desk before he waltzes over to stand beside Taehyung, who swivels in his chair to watch the boy sign. Probably making sure he doesn’t write ‘dickface’ or something which, any other time, he most definitely would’ve.

He takes his time, leaning unnecessarily close to Taehyung the whole time— but the boy doesn’t move, hands on the armrests of his chair, the left practically touching Jeongguk’s thigh.

“All done,” he mutters, laying the pen down, and moving back but not away. Taehyung looks up at him curiously, telling him, “That’s fine. You can leave now,” but Jeongguk still doesn’t budge.

The boy turns his chair to face him better, tilting his head in confusion, asking, “Is there something you want to say?”

“No,” Jeongguk answers, but when he still doesn’t go anywhere, Taehyung gets this slightly disbelieving look on his face before it melts into something a little cocky. He leans back in his chair, lolling his head so his hand can brush over his jaw, contemplatively.

“Then… is there something you want? ”

His knees loosen a little, falling apart into comfort. Jeongguk takes the opportunity to step closer to him, kneeing one of his legs apart a little further as he looks down at the boy with a hazy, hooded gaze. Taehyung poorly covers up a smirk behind a few of his fingers, humming at Jeongguk’s actions.

“Is it me?”

Jeongguk nods slowly, reaching over to tug gently on the boy’s hair, who hums a little louder this time, complying to stand up, leaning in closer and closer to him— his scent is light and pleasant but a lot less pretty than he thought it’d be. It’s deep, earthy— a little more manly than boyish.

Something about it sets a pit of warmth in Jeongguk’s stomach, and he’s about to direct the boy to move against the table when, out of nowhere, he’s slammed back into the wall behind them. Taehyung’s forearms rest either side of his head, faces close enough that Jeongguk can feel each puff of his breath, see each glimmer of darkness that surfaces in his pupils as it happens. He feels all the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, heart pounding out of nowhere. He lets out a gasp, and Taehyung grins at him, wolfishly.

Jeongguk’s stomach churns with both confusion and heat as the boy leans in, hot breath ghosting against his ear, lips almost pressing against his lobe but not enough to say they are— just enough to make Jeongguk shiver.