BATTLE OF OLD TOWN

Start from the beginning

He watched as the northern cavalry fought like zealots, each taking at least three Reachmen before dying, but even he can say there moral was starting to crumble, as the men realised that they had received no reinforcements.

"Your grace, we have to do something" Wulfric said worriedly, pointing at them "They are surrounded".

"Not yet" Robb said, watching the fight calmly. He cannot send reinforcements, if he wants his plan to work. Many shall say that he is cold, sacrificing men. But it is war, and if he wants to win it, sacrifices must be made.

His men did well, even though they were only two hundred fighting against a force of two thousand, they did their job well, lasting a good half an hour before their morale started to crumble, each of those fighting realising that they had not received any reinforcements. And just as Robb had expected, the moment his soldiers morale started to crumble the Tyrells pounced on the opportunity, and encircled his men.

Leaving their flank temporarily exposed.

"Signal for Lord Umber to charge with five hundred heavy cavalry, in an echelon formation beginning from the left."

Another flag was raised and five hundred heavy cavalry under Lord Umber's command charged forward with a cry. They clashed into and cut through the surprised Reachmen, who have wrapped round to finish off his two hundred strong northern light cavalry, and in doing so left their flanks exposed.

So when then remainder charged forwards, it caught them completely unawares. And the worst thing was, Lord Umber had used the echelon formation perfectly and the short skirmish was over within a few minutes.

Out of the 2,000 enemy light cavalry who have charged, only less than a hundred managed to escape.

"Signal Lord Umber, to return back to the lines and into the formations" Robb ordered to his messanger "I can't have him charge the entire enemy army on his own".

----------------------------------------------------------------

300 AC

REACH

NEAR  OLD TOWN

BAELOR HIGHTOWER

Baelor couldn't help but curse, as he saw his entire light cavalry getting slaughtered, by the trap set by the Young Wolf.

His army was positioned, a few miles south and a good few hours march from Old Town.

He had at first wanted to use scorch earth strategy, as he was ordered to do, and starve his enemy but Stark's attack at Old Town had forced his hand. He couldn't sit quietly while his enemy attack his home.

He had wanted to reach his home and reinforce Old Town's defences before Stark's army reaches it, but it was not to be. As he found the enemy already in position and waiting for him.

It was then, he realised that he had fallen into a trap. Stark never wanted to attack Old Town, no the Young Wolf wanted to lure his forces out and fight him in open battle.

But even then, he had set his camp over the other side of the hill and fortified his position, before sending his scouts to find any weakness of the opposite army.