Mystery Malfoy: Busted

Crabbe POV

"Oy, Goyle, looks like he's alone now." I whisper to Goyle. "Let's go." He whispers back to me. It's about time we confront Malfoy about his y/h mudblood girlfriend.

We creep up quietly to the hooded-Slytherin as he sticks his nose into a book. What if it's not Malfoy? Nah, I'm pretty sure it's him so we go behind him quietly and pull his hood down.

We knew it..!

Draco POV

My hood got pulled off!

I keep silent, I could feel my hands gripping hard onto the book I'm holding.

"Malfoy, we know it's you, we're not that stupid you know." A very familiar voice rings in my ears, it was Crabbe. Shoot.

"Why are you hanging out with a y/h? She's a mudblood too, you know that, right?" Goyle annoyingly asks me.

"Come on Malfoy, let's get outta here. We need to discuss this." Crabbe says as he grabs my arm and pulls me out the library into the hallway.

We make our way to the Slytherin common room, people kept looking at us as Crabbe was the one pulling me. I heard gossiping and whispers. My status is in danger. But, I keep silent, I don't know what to say.

We enter the Slytherin common room, which nobody was in at the moment. They pull me down into a chair and started interrogating me, I broke into a cold sweat.

"Why were you helping a y/h muggle?", "What's the deal with you and her?", Crabbe and Goyle kept on interrogating me about l/n. It's irritating.

On one hand, I never felt such a strong a connection with someone like I did with l/n, more than them at least. On the other hand, is she really worth me downgrading my status..?

I wonder how much different things would be if she were a Slytherin pure-blood— or even just a half-blood. I could openly hang out with her, and maybe even care for her.

My heart aches, but I know what I have to tell Crabbe and Goyle.

y/n POV

I come back to my spot at the library from the bathroom and Draco isn't here..? Maybe he was busy and didn't tell me..? Did something come up..? I just really hope it was just because he didn't want to help me and took that opportunity to just ditch me...