Memory Lane | 44 🔥

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes, the corner of my lips twitching.

"I'll see you soon, i love you"

"I love you too" i cut the call with a sigh, slipping it back into the pocket of my white suit blazer.

30 minutes passed and Elijah burst through the door. My head shot up, dropping my pen and reaching for my gun, pausing when I realized it was him.

"Elijah? What the fuck!"

"You took too long" he shrugged.

I stood to my feet, making my way over to him. He met me halfway and tugged me into him, burying his face into my chest.

I ran my fingers through his hair, feeling his hands grip my waist tighter.

He pressed his lips to my skin "I missed you"

"I hope your done now, I want to take you home" he grumbled.

"well you know actually I have a few more stacks of papers left to sign" I teased.

"Shut up" his voice was muffled as he buried his face into the crook of my neck. I laughed.

He intertwined our fingers, dragging me out into the hallway just as Alex and Silas were coming from the conference hall.

The smirk silas had grew when he had seen us "hey lovebirds"

I gave him the middle finger to which he sarcastically placed a hand over his heart. Alek chuckled, waving.

When we eventually made it outside, the sky was slowly fading into a sandstone orange, the sun sinking behind the multiple skyscrapers before us.

Elijah opened the passenger door for me and I settled into the soft leather of the cream colored seats.

It wasn't a very long drive back to the volcov mansion, just over 20 minutes.

So, I leaned back further into the chair, feeling elijah's hand rest on my thigh. I watched his other hand tightly grip the steering wheel,

I exhaled a deep breath, Letting my eyes rest closed for a few minutes.

...

My palms grazed along a soft material that made the corners of my lips twitch upwards. I let out a satisfied hum.

"glad to see you're awake" the voice echoed to me as I slowly opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings.

I frowned.

Were we on a plane?

"you were out for almost 2 hours" elijah was sat beside me. He reached forward, his hand on my cheek while his thumb caressed my skin softly. "you feeling any better? "

"yeah.. Much better" I muttered. "elijah where are we?" I finally asked.

He only chuckled "now if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise would it. But don't worry my love, we will be landing soon" , he gave me a reassuring smile.

I nodded, glancing at a nearby clock on the wall. 18:00.

A loud pinging noise caught my attention,followed by the flight attendants announcement.

"ladies and gentlemen, Please stay seated and keep the isles clear while we land. Thank you"

Around 20 minutes later, the jet came to a complete stop. I followed elijah down the steps, my hand tightly gripping his.