Rachael took advantage of the time and asked the girl about her past. She had been hesitant for some time now but she wanted to help lessen the nightmares and knew that the talk had to come sooner rather than later. Alex spent about an hour telling Rachael about her parents and still did not cover half of what they meant to her. Rachael sat next to her on the bed smiling while Alexandria talked, not wanting to interrupt her. She could picture every detail presented by the stories Alex laid out and could smell Mrs. Santiago’s cooking making her mouth water and her stomach grumble.

Alexandria then drew a deep breath and closed her eyes knowing that it was time to tell Rachael the things Rachael really wanted to know. The following minutes were spent with the harsh memories she had of her Uncle beating her to the point to where she was almost unconscious on the basement floor. Alex told her how it all began and how one day a teacher saw a bruise that her Uncle had not cover up. Alexandria remembered the joy she felt the day she got out of his grasp but only to regret it a few weeks later. Her victory had only lasted a few short weeks before she truthfully wished she could be in her uncle’s house getting kicked and punched rather than what she had to endure the second day in her new home. She preferred the pain of his Uncle’s closed fist then the pain inflicted by the man who she had to call ‘dad’.

Alexandria told Rachael about the day her childhood had been officially ripped out of her. Alexandria closed her eyes and saw his face of extreme enjoyment as if he would never forget that exact moment and was making sure that the little girl before him would also never forget. She flinched as Rachael touched her knee in a comforting manner. She opened her eyes and saw the warm smile on Rachael’s mouth. Tears were rolling both their faces as they hugged each other.

     Once waving goodbye to Rachael and Mike both girls were off to what was promised to be the best night of their adolescent lives.

Although as they sat in the vehicle, Kylie wondered for a few moments how and why Alexandria had been so trapped in her thoughts that she had not noticed when she had not one but three glasses of the expensive wine in the limousine Cabinet. In any other occasion Alexandria would have been on her case about the dangers and risks of drinking, but on this certain occasion when Kylie needed her to notice; Alexandria did not even blink an eye.

Kylie's brain went through a number of different reasons and scenarios as to why the girl was so stiff looking everywhere except in Kylie's direction. With everything that had been going on lately, Kylie only concluded that Taylor had something to do with whatever was going on in her girlfriend’s mind. She hated the fact that she let it bug her, but Kylie found that she could not help it, no matter how hard she tried Taylor always manages to get into the picture.

Kylie sat quietly contemplating whether to confront Alex about why she and Taylor had been so close over the course of the past months, or just let the situation slide taking it as a regular friendship between both girls.

It was bothersome to see how comfortable they were with each other especially when she wasn’t around to say anything about it. Kylie knew she shouldn't be jealous and that she should trust her girlfriend, but it didn't go unnoticed by Kylie how Alex would nod her head at Taylor who would nod back every time they passed by or saw each other across a room. Alexandria would then return to their conversation as if nothing had happened making Kylie’s insecurities go through the roof.

She never wanted to punch someone more than she wanted to punch Taylor when seeing how she winked at HER girlfriend the day Mr. De la Rosa had partnered them up to play tennis. He had made it so that Alexandria and Taylor compete against Kylie and a freshman kid who didn't know his left from his right when Kylie told him to get the ball. It bothered Kylie how Alexandria did not mind the gestures or the flirting on Taylor's part, but it most definitely bothered Kylie, in more ways than one.