Chapter 30: Moment of Truth

Start from the beginning

"Hey! What did you do to her Power Star!" Sarah exclaimed, taking a step forward as Calvin ran up to Hayley, looking at her Star.

"I'll stop you when my bolt is re-charged." Deception told us, teleporting back to the ship.

"He's gone." Brody told us.

"Come on, hopefully Mick can remove this bolt!" Hayley exclaimed as all seven of us ran back t the school.

We were all back at the base as Mick was trying to remove the bolt from Hayley's Power Star. He sighed. "That bolt just isn't budging. I'm sorry." Mick said. 

"If I can't morph, the Ranger team is weaker." Hayley said. 

"That's exactly what Odius wants." Levi stated.

"Don't worry. We'll find a way to fix your Power Star, Hayley." RedBot said, looking at her.

"Of course we will." Sarah said, walking up to Calvin's side. "Plus, look on the bright side, you have got an awesome anniversary gift from Calvin to look forward to!" Sarah exclaimed as Calvin sent her a nervous smile.

"Ahhhh, yeah!" Calvin exclaimed, laughing nervously as he looked at Sarah. I raised my eyebrow at his behaviour. This is the second time he does this. "You sure do." He told Hayley, smiling as he swung his arm over Sarah's shoulder.

"Let's try...using some heat." Mick said, putting on his goggles again as he turned on a flamethrower.

"Wow! Cool!" Calvin exclaimed as Mick tried to melt to bolt off, but it didn't work.

"Can I have a word, Cal?" Preston asked. That caught my attention as I walked a little bit closer to them.

"You obviously didn't get her a present, did you?" Preston asked. 

"Shhh... No... I forgot." Calvin replied. I knew it! I walked closer to them to talk to Calvin.

"Okay, forgetting is bad, but lying about it is... worse!" I said getting involed.

"How do you know?" Calvin asked confused.

"Your obvious behavoir, the stuttering, you being nervous when someone brings the subject up." I listened. "Anyway, you have to do something!"

"Just tell her the truth." Preston said through his teeth. 

"I can't. It's too late." Calvin told him, looking at his girlfriend. "Look," he said, looking back at us, "...I can just go out and get her a gift, while they're busy with the Power Star." he told us, looking at the other, watching Mick still trying to melt off the bolt.

"Ok, good luck." Preston said, putting his hand on Calvin's shoulder as we started to walk away.

"Wait," Calvin said, grabbing our arms as he looked at us, "I don't know what to get her." He told him as he glanced at Hayley as he sent her a smile before looking back at us. "Please help me?"

"Ok, ok. Fine... But only because I know how excited Hayley is." Preston agreed.

"I only do it because I don't want you to hurt her feelings." I answered.

"Thanks, Pres, Bells." Calvin said. We walked back to the group. "Hey guys, Preston, Bella and I are gonna dash out real quick to pick up Hayley's present." Calvin said. Brody wrapped an arm around Calvin which made us stop.

 "Cool. Where are you going? I wanna see what you got." Brody whispered. 

"Yeah, I'll come too." Levi added wrapping his arm around me. 

"Uh... guys it's not that big of a deal." Calvin said.

"Check out this guy. So humble. You really landed a winner, Hayley." Levi said. Hayley chuckled in response. "Let's go!"