Each time she uses its abilities, it consumes a bit of her time (life force). In order to replenish her life force, Kurumi possesses the ability to absorb the time of anyone who steps into the boundary of her shadow. In order to target a large crowd, she can summon a red barrier that serves a similar function, which she calls the City of Devouring Time (時喰みの城, Toki Hami no Shiro). While it is normally used to replenish time, it can also be used to directly regain Reiryoku as well. Upon hearing Origami's request to travel back in time, Kurumi used a specialized version of her shadow to very quickly take away a portion of her Reiryoku as payment for the travel. Additionally, Kurumi's clones can also employ this technique to greatly expand the range of her shadow and the number of victims.

Clones

Combined with the power of the Eighth bullet, she can create a clone that has all her experiences, memories, and abilities; they use her guns, summon and dismiss Spacequakes at will, and even summon the <City of Devouring Time>

Combined with the power of the Eighth bullet, she can create a clone that has all her experiences, memories, and abilities; they use her guns, summon and dismiss Spacequakes at will, and even summon the <City of Devouring Time>. These clones are kept in her shadows' "storage half", and can be brought out en masse at Kurumi's behest. When still in Kurumi's shadow, the clones can also restrain targets by taking on the form of long white hands with a red outlining. The clones are often used for reconnaissance and can deliver information verbally or directly convey it to the original Kurumi's head, though the latter method requires <Yud> and risks overloading her with too much information at once.

However, her clones are weaker than the real Kurumi, and they cannot use the time-manipulating bullets of her Angel. The physical abilities of the clones are scaled in accordance with the amount of time used for the Eighth Bullet. In other words, in order to produce longer-lasting clones, Kurumi needs to expend even greater amounts of time. Also, as these are her past selves, they sometimes may contain feelings that the current Kurumi no longer possesses. As such, Kurumi will not hesitate to kill these clones if they choose to disobey her. In desperate situations, the time used to create the clones can also be sacrificed as a direct fuel for her other bullets. However, thanks to the unique mental time travel properties of the Sixth Bullet, Kurumi was able to regain her clones and time with each loop of using them to activate the bullet.

If a clone is killed, her body will dissolve into shadows. If the original Kurumi dies, the clones will all disappear. However, Kurumi was able to temporarily keep one clone alive by sending it into the future with her Eleventh Bullet in Volume 18. In Volume 19, she was able to transfer her memories and Sephira Crystal to a clone before the original body was killed, though this requires preparation. However, Kurumi would later admit that this is only a temporary measure at best due to a clone's naturally short lifespan. Consequently, Kurumi then had to restore her original body with the Fourth Bullet and then re-transferred everything back to her original body in order to fully stabilize her condition.

Shadow Manipulation

Kurumi is able to quickly enter any shadow for a speedy escape

Kurumi is able to quickly enter any shadow for a speedy escape. The territory within her own shadow serves as her own personal pocket dimension. According to Kurumi, her shadows are composed of two layers. The first layer is a free storage space where she can safely deposit and summon her clones at any given moment. The second layer is the digestive stomach where she breaks down victims to absorb their time. Since it's akin to looking into her own stomach, Kurumi is unable to check up or inspect victims that are sent to the latter area. Her ordinary bullets are also created from condensed portions of her shadow, quickly reloading after each shot.