Chapter 6

Ansel’s P.O.V

I thought I would take Naomi out on a romantic date since she’s been feeling like I give all my attention to Sia instead of her. I pull up to her house and beep my horn to let her know I’m waiting. I check my phone I had a text from her asking if it was going to be just us. I didn’t see the point in replying now. She came over to my car and got in. I kissed her passionately and began to drive.

“So how’s my lady?” I ask her.

“Good but would I feel better if you didn’t call me your lady” she shot back.

“Is everything okay?” I ask

“Yeh, I’m guessing Anastasia isn’t coming since you didn’t reply to my text.”

“No, just you and me.” I lean over and grab her hand and hold it tightly.

I wanted to ask her what she has against Sia but I want today to be perfect. No drama.

                                                                      ***

We entered the cinema to see Justin standing beside the ticket booth. I look at Naomi to see what her reaction was. Weirdly she didn’t look surprised.

“What’s he doing here? Did you know about this?!?” I ask her.

“Of course not I hardly even know him. Come on just ignore him.” She says.

I walk over and get the tickets and snacks for the movie. We go to Screen 4 and the movie begins. I put my arm around Naomi and she moves in closer, I kiss her on the head and whisper ‘I love you’. She looks up at me and smiles ‘I love you too’.

Justin’s P.O.V

I see Ansel and Naomi walk in the doors entering the cinema. I look at Naomi and wink she turns her head and grabs Ansel’s hand obviously just to piss me off.

I see him whisper something in her ear I bet it’s about me. God I love stirring things up. Once they went into the screening room I decided to leave.

                                                                       ***

I make my way to the skate park and see Cam and Jack on my way there.

“Hey, man. What’s up?” Cam asks.

“Nothing much. Just having fun…” I reply.

We spend a couple of hours messing around at the park I fell a couple of times and cut my arm but nothing serious.

“Hey Dylan and Logan Chase are having a house party tonight. 300 Ferngrove Way, wanna go?” Jack asks grinning at Cam.

“Haha sure, is there going to be drink?” I ask

“Of course, what would a party be without it?” He says.

I agree and make my way back to my car. I pull my phone out of my pocket and decide to call Naomi. I called but it went straight to voicemail…’ Hey I’m going to a party tonight at Dylan and Logan’s house. Let me know if you want to come. I’ll pick you up around 9’ I hang up.

                                                                  ***

I open the front door leading into the hallway I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I look up and notice it’s my dad with a bottle of Whisky in his hand. I know what’s coming.

“Where have y-you been?” he stutters.

“Nowhere, doesn’t matter” I reply.

“Answer the question-n!!” He shouts. He comes down the stairs and switches the bottle into his right hand and swings it at me. It cuts my head and blood starts pouring out. Oh God.