Chapter 1 | Found Lost.

I woke up from a forgotten dream to find myself lying on a hospital bed with an unbearable pain in the back of my head. What came to my mind first was to ask where am I and what had happened! I saw my uncle standing there next to the doctor and a stranger right next to him, he was a tall Mexican middle-aged man wearing a coat and a hat, he seemed a little scary.

'Thank God you're alright, Paul.' My uncle said.
'What happened?' I cried.
'Apparently you got robbed!' Said the stranger.
'Who are you?' I asked,
'Detective Perez, my son.' He replied,
I wondered why he's here.
'The thief must have hit you hard, do you remember what happened last night?' The doctor said.

I actually couldn't remember what happened, I didn't say anything, my case was diagnosed as short memory loss! I can't remember anything about the last 6 months..
'Son, if you remembered anything about the last week, call me.' The detective said, and gave me his card then he left.
'You should rest a couple of days, your head is badly injured. And take the medication that I gave to your uncle, it will help you remember.' Said the doctor then he left as well.

My phone, my wallet were with me, but my memory wasn't. I wondered why did the thief didn't take my phone!

'Uncle Smith, what happened?' I asked.
'A couple found you lying in the street near to your house, you were bleeding and talking nonsense! They took you to the hospital and then they called me since I'm the only family contact on your phone, I was very worried.' He said.
'What was that detective doing? Why was he here?' I asked.
'He's investigating on a murder of a young lady, don't worry about him.' He said. I tried to clear my mind and remember anything but I couldn't, last thing I remember that I was with my uncle in an early Sunday morning as usual having breakfast.
'What happened during these 6 months, uncle Smith?' I asked.
'You stopped calling, Paul! I don't know anything about you since you started meeting this girl.' He said.
'What girl??' I asked surprisingly.
'I don't know much about her, you just told me that you met a girl and she turned your world upside down, you seemed happy, Paul, very happy! I never heard happiness in your words since your parents' death! That's why I left you, I thought that you wouldn't need an old man in your life anymore.' He cried, so did I.
'Where's she now? Why isn't she here?' I asked. 'I told you, Paul, that's all I know. I missed you, I was very worried about you.' He cried.

'I will call, my uncle, I'm sorry about what I did, what I can't remember!' I apologized.
'You shouldn't be, my son.' He said.
I left the hospital after few hours to go back to my house, life.