Prolouge

"Goodnight my sons." Says Master Splinter to his four children as he disappears to his room.

"Goodnight Sensei."

One by one the four brothers made way to their own rooms. First was the youngest, Michelangelo, followed by Donatello and Raphael not long after. The only one left was Leonardo, the oldest and leader.

As Leo watched his brothers and father to go their room, he couldn't help but think about how much his extended stay in Central America hurt his family. Once he came home, his father understood his reason to stay longer, or at least the small part that Leo told him. He missed his son but understood that Leonardo need to be there. He never held a grudge.

Raphael was a different story. He openly held a big grudge against his brother/leader. Thankfully while fighting against Winter's and saving everyone the two brothers were able to patch things up. Raphael is still a little hurt about it but he's mostly forgiven Leo.

Mikey and Donnie, however, were quicker to forgive than Raph was. Mostly because they missed Leo so much that at the time they didn't care how long he was gone, just that he was back. Then right after Leo was home, they had to work together and fight a nasty villain just like old times. But now that the fighting is over, both younger brothers are now starting to be a little hostile towards Leo. They are finally showing how hurt and mad his extended stay made them. Donatello more than Michelangelo.

Leo feels guilty about that long stay he had in Central America. If only his family knew the full story then maybe they would understand that most of it was out of his control. But they don't know and Leo hopes they never will. All the things he had to do, all the things done to him. It was a night mare. With all that was going on no one noticed the change in their Fearless Leader. He's a little slower, eating less, not sleeping enough, sensitive to touch and it's getting worse everyday; mostly because his body hasn't been treated after all the torture, at least not properly.

The only good things in Central America were taken away from him. Killed while they were screaming for him to come help.

Thinking back on it, Leo winces as if slapped in the face.

Fearless is the nickname Raph started calling him when he became leader. At the time it was true. Being leader meant he had to hide his fear and be confident in his choices so his brothers wouldn't be worried. That way he could protect them better. Now, after all that's happened to him that name is a lie. Fearless isn't here anymore.

Fearless is dead.