𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 1: 𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 2

•𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝•

A couple of hours after The Python's speech towards Aiden and Alicia, he decided to go downstairs, on the building's underground cells where NEMESIS was keeping innocent people as hostages so as to carry out experiments in any time possible. The Python took Alicia and Katarina with him, in order for them to show him what the artificial virus' effects on humans are once it penetrates the victim's body and enters into the organism's blood.
"The specific and programmed algorithm you created is almost ready for release, sir. But both me and Alicia agree that it is a better choice to show you what the virus will cause to its hosts before we have all that fun releasing it.", Katarina said.
"And this is exactly why I brought you down here. The cells are all filled with people and finally I get to use them as puppets for my experiments, even though they are pathetic enough to think that I will let them go as I supposedly promised them.", The Python said with the deep voice of the mechanism in his mask.
"Here's our first hostage, sir. His name is Patrick Robertson and he is facing a chronic disease for about 5 years with his heart. 75 years old, married, with three children. Since the day our colleague Martin Sánchez brought him here, he claims that he needs his pills in order to survive. Will we use him for the experiment or do you want us to move on to the next one?", Alicia asked Python.
"There will be no need to continue. I have what I want in front of me.", The Python said and approached Patrick's cell.
"What...do you want here.. Beast? Isn't my torment enough for you? Please.. I beg you. Let me go. I won't survive even a day more down here. I need my family.", Patrick said.
"I understand. You are desperate and you're feeling lonely. But now I am down here. And I am your friend. I am telling you the truth, Patrick. I'm here to help you find your salvation. So I will set you free.", The Python said and Mr. Patrick smiled.
"Bring the virus sample, Alicia.", Katarina ordered her calmly and Alicia brought the tubes filled with the virus samples. She then took one of the tubes, broke the glass around it by hitting it hard on the wall and threw the broken tube inside the cell. Mr. Patrick thought that the liquid that was leaking was water and he scurried so as to drink it with a huge smile.
"Th...Thank you!", Mr. Patrick said and after a couple of seconds the virus had already begun to attach to his brain. The poor man started screaming and behaving like a monster in a cage. He stood up, ran towards the cell bars and hit his head hard on them, but even though he fell down after that, he then stood up once again and started scratching his own skin until it bled. A little bit after that, his eyes became totally white and he stopped screaming.
"It worked, boss. He gained his powers and his consciousness lies in your hands. He is yours to command now.", Katarina told The Python.
"Kill yourself!", The Python ordered the man and when Mr. Patrick lifted his arm, he was trying to escape from the program and to gain his body control again.. But all that in vain.
"You..are..a monster. Someday.. That will kill you too.", the man said to Python but he smiled inside his mask. Then the man grabbed his neck and since his powers were to inflict damage to someone just by touching him with his toxic hands, he melted his own neck. When his body fell down, it fell without the head, since that got separated from the rest of the body and fell one meter away.
"Indeed it works. I'm pleased, but not entirely. Before we unleash it to the rest of the city, we will carry out more experiments to be sure that everything is going to go as planned. Don't care for the people's lives down here. They are just collateral damage.", The Python said and he kept experimenting on innocents with the help of both Katarina and Alicia.

The next morning, Tyler called Ander into his office, but this time it was for an unpleasant surprise..

"You called me, commander? What can I do for you?", Ander asked him.
"Yes, I indeed called you here but it is not anything I want you to do for me that I can't do it myself. I called you..because I made a decision.", Tyler said with a serious face.
"Wh..what decision? Does it have to do with me?", Ander asked him again.
"I will talk to you, only if you promise you're not going to interrupt me, Ander.", Tyler told him.
"I promise.", Ander said with a confused face.
"As I said, I made a decision and trust me, it was not an easy one to make. But since I am repeatedly telling you all that our job and our duty is above everything, I now know I made the right thing.", Tyler started saying.
"But what is that supposed to..", Ander was about to ask him.
"You promised you will keep your mouth shut until I finish what I have to say, officer.", Tyler told him angrily.
"It has almost been one week since the last incident in the local bank. All those years you've served the police forces satisfyingly, but it seems that all things come to an end sometime. It seems that you are tired and that's why step by step you make some mistakes.", Tyler exclaimed.
"I'm sorry but what kind of mistakes are you talking about? What did I do wrong?", Ander asked confused.
"You know what I'm talking about, Ander. You almost sent a robber to the hospital because of your foolishness. You were the one to let another person get shot instead of you.", Tyler told him.
"Are you serious? First of all, it wasn't my intention to murder that robber either, but all I did was to try and protect myself. That's why I had to wound him and your behavior right now shows me that you would have preferred me dead instead.", Ander shouted and stood up.
"Ander, sit down and listen. We are the police! Sometimes we are willing to sacrifice ourselves if we know this deed of ours will save someone else. And what you did right there showed me that your selfishness is stronger than your duty. You should know that this is the reason we're wearing bulletproof vests out there. If you had been shot, at least the vest would have saved your life, but you were almost ready to send a person to the hospital. It doesn't matter that these robbers died right after the mysterious explosion. Still, that makes me think that in the next mission you're going to do the same. I'm sorry, Ander, but I would propose you to take a break.", Tyler told him.
"Get into the point, at last. Admit it. You just want to fire me, right? Say it. What are you afraid of? Say it!", Ander shouted.
"You can name it as you want. Dismissal, or maybe a chance for you to understand what your purpose is in this place.", Tyler said with certainty.
"I hope someday you understand that as we're all humans, mistakes are made by both the strong and the weak among us. By kind or malicious people. By the intelligent..and the stupid ones. I wish someday you figure out that taking me out of the forces will not make you feel more certain about your job..or bring those robbers back to life. I just hope it's not late enough for you to do so. Before I leave my badge right here on your desk, I will only tell you one thing. You were once such a good friend to all of us in here and then you changed. This, is what split you up from us from the first place. You always disappeared in your work and your duties without even honestly caring about us, your colleagues. There was a time when you cared more about your friends, than your job.. Commander.", Ander told him, put his badge on the desk and left angrily from the office. Then Ander went to Nathan, Brandon and Bryan so as to talk with them.
"Ander? Brother, what's going on? What happened?", Brandon asked him.
"You all didn't use to see me like this, I know. And it seems like that it's going to be the last except from the first time.", Ander said.
"Dude we don't have time for riddles. What happened to you brother?", Nathan asked him.
"Tyler.. He fired me!", Ander answered.
"He did what? How dare he do that after all those years you've been a consistent police officer?", Bryan asked him worryingly.
"Well.. Seems like Tyler doesn't even care about what we even made in here, anymore. Seems like he forgot the strong friendship we all had once inside and out of this building.", Ander told them.
"This isn't going to happen. I swear it to you, brother. I won't let you leave.", Nathan said and was about to go and confront Tyler.
"Nathan! Nathan stop. You don't have to. I don't want you to endanger your position in here for me. It's okay. I'll do what he wants. Only like this will he understand someday that he made a terrible mistake.", Ander said and shed a tear.
"Why would he ever do this to you, though? I don't understand. What made him come to that conclusion?", Brandon asked.
"He says I was fool enough to wound a person willingly rather than put my life in danger instead. He is talking about the robbery one week ago. For some, this might sound right but.. Not for me unfortunately and as I see, not for you either.", Ander calmly exclaimed.
"But I'm sure he knows this is wrong. I can't believe he took things that far this time.", Bryan told him.
"Don't worry, Bryan. Now it happened and it can't be reversed. I'll leave today, but I won't lose any of you from my life. We will be meeting outside whenever we want and of course the girls will all come together. I will miss all of them as well. I'll go say goodbye to them too right after the one I'll say here. Goodbye my friends! I want you to take care both of your girlfriends and yourselves. You are my family and I love you guys.", Ander told them and as these words touched the other three men, all of them made a group hug and cried. After that, Ander went to the women and said a proper goodbye before leaving.
"You might be missing from in here, but there's no way I'm letting you out of my life outside these walls, do you hear me? You won't get away from me thay easily.", Vanessa told Ander and she hugged him after both smiled.
"Take care of yourself out there, Andy. It's not the world we got used to it being anymore. And I don't want you to harm yourself. Please, be careful.. Jesus I said I wouldn't cry but I just can't.. I'm going to miss you boy. And don't forget that you can call us as well whenever you want. We'll be here waiting!", Selina told him and hugged him in tears while Ander also laughed and shed another tear.
"Come here, little one. And don't even think about crying. That's enough with that, don't you agree?", Ander asked Leslie.
"It's going to be hard inside here without you. I'll miss your humor, I'll miss your stupidity and don't mind me saying that we all know deep down you are a stupid guy with a lot of fun (she laughs here as does he).. I'll miss YOU in general.", Leslie said and gave him a hug. Last but not least, Cecille came close to Ander.
"I can't describe with words how fun it was working with you, Ander. And it's not the best thing dividing our paths like that. I know Tyler is responsible for this, and don't worry I'll talk to him. He might be the commander in here but he is also my husband and he will listen to what I have to say. I hope you are not mad at me at least.", Cecille told him and although he had a serious face towards her, suddenly he smiled and told her: "I would have been an idiot if I was mad at you due to your husband's choices. I know you didn't want me to leave either. Come here." and then he cuddled her before leaving.
"Honey, I'm sorry but as you are one of my best friends here, I can't keep it as a secret to you. There was no absolute reason for Tyler to fire Ander. He never did anything wrong and even if he did, he sure didn't have this as his intention. You must talk with him. He can't just keep firing people that way.", Selina told Cecille.
"I know, and I thank you for being honest everytime with me Selina. This time indeed Tyler exceeded every limit. He will listen to me whether he likes it or not. And Ander will return as soon as possible. I'll see to that.", Cecille answered with confidence. After Ander left from the police department, Tyler was about to be ready to face Cecille's angry side.