𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 1: 𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 1

•𝑆𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑎𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠•

"Mom? Mom can you hear me?... Where are you, mom? Please don't leave me alone.. I'm scared! MOOOOM!", the young boy was screaming while he was looking for his mother among the dead bodies all over him.
(Shots are heard all the time near the 9-year-old boy and some seconds later, he falls on his knees while crying for what he has been witnessing all the time.)
"Where is my mommy?.. Where is she?", the boy kept asking calmly while weeping.
"Nathan? Oh my God, Nathan, you're alive! Nathan I'm here!", his mother shouted from meters away and she ran towards her son.
"Mommy?" the boy asked out of joy and ran towards his mother, but unfortunately a couple of seconds before the young boy falls on his mother's tight hug, a grenade explodes right in front of them, ejecting them both some meters away. Neither Nathan, nor his mother died after that, but he never got the chance to hug his mother again. The boy opened his eyes and saw four agents (with the word 'NEMESIS' written on their suits) putting his mother in a jet and leaving after doing so.
"I want my mommy back! You can't take her away.. No.. NOOOO!" he screamed.

"Mom!!!", Nathan shouted and took a breath as he woke up from his dream.
"Hey, what happened baby?", Amelia asked him.
"It's.. It's that nightmare again. Honey, it seems I can't get over it. Every night I have the same dream. I always see my mother dragged off to that jet and me... being unable to do anything. It haunts me..", Nathan said while breathing heavily.
"I want you to calm down, okay? Calm down. I completely understand you, baby. I know how much you loved your mother and that she was your weakness since you remember yourself. I know you feel guilty, but this is wrong, honey. You were only 9 when that horrible incident took place. You cannot blame yourself though. That's unfair! It's unfair blaming yourself for not helping your mother, cause you were so young for you to be able to do anything to save her.", Amelia told him.
"I can't get it out of my head, Amelia. I remember us having fun in our house with both my mother and my sister when suddenly...bombs and grenades were exploding around us. I kept hearing shots and watching my own house falling apart. I lost my mother that day. I lost my little sister..And now I don't even know if they're alive somewhere and how I am alive to this day.", Nathan said.
"Shhh! Please, calm down. You told me many times that that specific day was the worst one in your entire life, since you felt like losing everything in a blink of an eye. And you were right feeling that way. But I know you can get over it some day, get up and fight for the greater good for you and for the ones you love. Remember when you told me why you chose to become a member of the police forces?", Amelia asked him and fondled his cheek softly.
"Because I wanted to punish the people that caused pain to the innocents of this city. Because I didn't want these people to lose their loved ones only because some evil minds out there willed it.", Nathan answered.
"Exactly! And to this very day you've succeeded satisfyingly. All those years you've been protecting both yourself and all of the people that your duty demands to do so. You're a fighter, Nathan. You've always been!", Amelia boosted his morale while saying so.
"Can you tell me how you can always do that?", Nathan asked and smiled.
"Do what?", Amelia asked him back with a sweet smile.
"Every time I'm not in the best mood or every time I feel shattered inside..you are there. To cheer me up, to remind me that I'm lucky to have you by my side. To make me feel a lot better, in general!", Nathan responded.
"(Smiles and looks at his eyes) As you have the duty to obey the law and be a kind person towards the citizens and your loved ones, I also have two duties. Not only to do my best so as to heal and save my patients in the hospital, but also be an appropriate wife. Not for everyone. For you!", Amelia told him and smiled once again.
"Come here, my doctor!", Nathan said, cuddled his girlfriend and they started kissing each other.

The next morning, Amelia was on the road to the hospital when suddenly one of her two best friends, Evelynn stopped by her and proposed to take her to the hospital with her car.
(Evelynn presses the car's horn)
"Jesus, Evelynn you scared the hell out of me!", Amelia told her.
"Aww, this wasn't my intention sweetheart, but I saw you were in a hurry and a bit sleepy as well.. Hmm.. You had fun yesterday, am I right?", Evelynn asked her with a cunning smile.
"You always have time for gossip, don't you?", Amelia asked her.
"Um, I created the word gossip, my dear. Come on. Get in the car and I'll take you to the hospital. I'm also going to make a surprise to Jackson.", Evelynn told Amelia.
"Thank you but don't bother. It's okay, I'll just walk.", Amelia told her friend.
"This wasn't a request first of all, Amelia. Come on. I won't let you tire yourself even more before getting into work. And for a second, if you don't talk about your happiness to your friend, who you're going to talk to?", Evelynn asked her and made a signal with her fingers so as for Amelia to get in.
"You're right. I must talk to someone and you're surely going to listen to what I have to say.", Amelia said and got into the car.
"So? How did it go?", Evelynn asked her.
"Ahahaha, come on now Evelynn. We're not teenagers anymore. We're on the first stages of the middle age you know.", Amelia answered.
"(Sighs) You always have to remind me we're growing up unfortunately.", Eveylnn said.
"Don't worry, we're both still young.", Amelia told her and laughed.
"I remember you telling me that Nathan wasn't in his best days, right? Why is that though?", Evelynn asked her.
"I don't know entirely. He often has nightmares of that day when he was 9 and he lost both his mother and his sister. It's been so many years and the last days he keeps having the same nightmare. Do you think something bad is going to happen again soon?", Amelia asked her.
"It's a bit confusing to tell you the truth. I've always believed in what dreams show you, since many of them came true after I watched them. But this might just be a coincidence in Nathan's case.", Evelynn responded.
"You might be right. I guess only time will tell.", Amelia agreed worryingly.
"Oh I just remembered. Jackson told me that today a new principal is coming for the hospital, since the previous one passed away last week. My condolences, deary. I know Dr. Peterson was like a father to you.", Evelynn told her.
"Indeed! I feel like he loved me just like his daughter. I feel like he loved me more than my biological father to be honest. And now he's gone. His heart betrayed him. May he rest in peace! That's my only wish for him. We'll all remember him smiling and being the kindest person into the hospital. He understood us like no one else ever did into the hospital. I will miss him.", Amelia said while shedding a droplet of tear.
"Hey, don't cry, girl. The new one might also be someone that will love all his assistants the same as his former principal.", Evelynn said with a soft voice tone and wiped her tear.
"I hope that's true. Because until now, Dr. Peterson was irreplaceable.", Amelia answered.
After 10 minutes, they both arrived to the hospital and entered from the front door.
"Good morning, Olivia. How are you feeling today?", Amelia asked her.
"Good Morning Dr. Pierce. I'm very very fine to tell you the truth. And a bit excited to see who's going to be the new principal. What about you?", Olivia asked her.
"I'm also very fine, thanks for asking. If we have any news, come and inform me to my office, okay?", Amelia asked her.
"Don't worry, doctor. I'll be there if I have any news.", Olivia answered.
"Is Dr. Walker in his office, Olivia?", Evelynn asked her.
"Yes, Miss Dawson. He awaits you right there. Oh, and get ready. I feel like he has something for you!", Olivia responded.
"Hmm, alright then! I'll go check it out. Thanks a lot. Have a nice day!", Evelynn said and both of them smiled.