Twenty One

3rd Person's POV

Vincent was sighing impatiently as he waited for his friend, Tanaka Haruko, in one of their favorite hang-outs just outside Shibuya Square.

It was chilly as the temperature dropped to 3° Celsius this afternoon. It is already January and it is the coldest month in Japan.

Vincent is already wearing three-layered clothing plus a trench coat. He will never get used to Winter Season in any places he has gone to.

He went to the counter and ordered another cup of Cafe Americano and also bought croissant to feed himself while he wait for his friend.

As soon as he sat down, his phone rang and he picked it up instantly. It was Haruko.

"Doko ni iru nda, baka? (Where are you, doofus?)" Vincent asked in exasperated voice.

"Gomen'nasai, kyōdai! Watashi wa anata no tokoro ni dekakeyou to shite imashitaga, dōro de jiko ni aimashita - (I'm sorry, brother! I was about to go out to you but I met an accident on the road- )" Tanaka began blabbering but Vincent cut him off.

"Nani? Daijōbu? Doko ni iru no? (What? Are you alright? Where are you?)" Vincent exclaimed earning glares from the people inside the cate. He bowed down and joined his hands to apologize.

"Watashi wa genki. Shikashi,-sha wa sōde wa arimasen. Ima shūmatsu o ai shimashou. Watashi wa kono josei to kore o kaiketsu suru hitsuyō ga arimasu.(I'm fine. But the car isn't. I'll just see you this weekend. I just have to settle this with this woman.)" Tanaka said and hung up in frustration.

Vincent blew the coffee for a moment before sipping on it. He knew his friend very well.

His car is his prized possession. He is sure he will make the woman pay.

Vincent wished and prayed for the woman's patience. His friend can be pretty persistent.

Vincent spent a couple of moments and finished his coffee before deciding to call it a day until someone caught his eye.

The woman has short hair and sexy neck. Her eyes shone and her lips was plumpier because of the red lipstick she had put on.

With forehead creased, he knew that he recognizes the woman.

He knows he have seen or met her somewhere but he couldn't pinpoint it out.

Vincent did not hesitate to step out of the coffee shop and when the woman removed a strand of her short hair from her face, his heart did somersaults.

It was Ysabelle.

The woman who has been invading his thoughts and heart for more than a week now is right in front of him.

The stoplight turned green and people began crossing the roads.

Ysabelle must have been lost in her thoughts  and forgot that the stoplights had turned green.

It was on the wee seconds when he was able to pull her into the sidewalk and a black limousine came towards her.

"Nante kotoda! (Oh my gosh!)"

"Watashi no yo-sa! (My goodness!)"

"Ysabelle! Are you alright?" Vincent asked in a worried tone. He looked into her eyes but she blinked only in response. "Hey, what's going on?"

"I-I'm ad..." Ysabelle's voice trailed off and then she passed out in Vincent's arms.

"Ysabelle!" Vincent called out but she  fainted and became unconscious.

The driver of the limousine got off not too far from them as well as the people inside the car.

It was the Matsumoto couple.

Fumika was in tears when she saw who they almost bumped into.

Atsushi was baffled when he saw the woman in the arms of the guy.

It was the face he knew too well.

It was the woman who helped her back in Tokyo University during his conference.

Fumika's face was tear-stained and it took them a moment to gather their senses.

"Subayai! Musume o byōin ni tsurete ikou! (Quick! Let's take our daughter to the hospital!)" Those were Fumika's frantic voice to her husband andnto the driver.

It was Vincent's turn to blink and look at them in shock.

"D-daughter?" He asked again and shifted his gaze to the woman who was being carried by the driver and the famous neurosurgeon. "Wait! I'll go with you!"

He opened the car door for Fumika and went inside. As the driver sped off, he was shocked to see the reactions of the Matsumoto couple.

Both were treating Ysabelle as if she had been separated from them for a long time.

Then, he remembered.

Ysabelle is from the Philippines. And, according to his half-sister, she video calls her parents almost every night.

Is she really these couple's daughter? Was she adopted by her parents in the Philippines? Is that why she fainted?