Little black dress | 42

Start from the beginning

[oh god]

"I understand you don't want to go, but if you don't you'll regret it for the rest of your life. You deserve a final goodbye Elijah. And if not for your preset self, then do it for your future self, ok?" I straightened out his blazer.

"I love you so much" he whispered, my hand went to his cheek as i brought my lips to his. He gripped my hips, pulling my closer into the kiss, groaning softly.

I slowly pulled away, panting deeply.

"Ready?" I asked once I'd caught my breath.

He sighed but slowly nodded.

...

We arrived at the church and found our seats upon the balcony at the back which was reserved for family only. I was sat with Alice and Ariana, who was busy playing with the barbie doll she was gifted for Christmas. Elijah, Matteo and Dante had left to greet some of the guests while me and Alice spoke among ourselves.

Close friends, acquaintances and even members of the Italian mafia were piling into the building. a few i had noticed were carrying flowers, lilies and roses, to be placed down next to the coffin at the front.

They were taking the body back to Italy to be placed in the family mausoleum, so the ceremony would take place in England.

I took a sip from my coffee that we'd picked up from my favourite coffee shop on the way here while Alice told me about the special weekend away trip Dante had organised for them.

"Where will ari go?" I asked, slipping on the blazer Elijah had given me before he left when I felt a chill run down my spine. If I'm being totally honest, churches aren't my favourite places. Nor graveyards.

"We have organised a babysitter"

"why don't me and Elijah take her? We aren't doing anything"

Her eyes lit up at my suggestion "you would?"

"Of coarse, she's absolutely no trouble"

"Oh thank you. I was so worried about the whole babysitter thing, but now i can relax if i know she's with you and Elijah"

"Plus it'll be good practice" she mumbled with a slight sing-songy tone.

"Alice I'm not pregnant"

"Yet.."

I chuckled "Seriously... anyway I'm not even sure Elijah wants kids"

"Honey, i know these things. Trust me. It's obvious that he wants nothing more than to have children with you because he loves you. I've never seen anyone look at someone the way he looks at you. You're meant to be" she smiled.

Her eyes travelled behind me "parlando di..." she muttered.

[speaking of]

Elijah, Matteo and Dante strode in. Elijah sat beside me, Dante next to Alice and aria and Matteo on the end.

Nobody said a word as the ceremony began to start. The priest spoke loudly, his voice stretching through the church.

"We are gathered here today to honour and remember Diego Volcov; son, friend, uncle and brother"

I looked over to Elijah, his eyes glued to the casket at the front, His expression never changing.

I slowly reached over and grabbed his hand, interlocking our fingers.

I squeezed tightly.

He squeezed back.

I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder as his thumb softy caressed mine.

He chuckled quietly, whispering to me "you know, my job is based around death. I kill people for a living. You'd think this'd be easy. So, why isn't it?"

"You'll never get over losing your brother, but the days will get easier. You'll wake up one morning and start to feel that weight being lifted off of your chest, because it won't hurt as much to think about them anymore. You'll feel glad you were able to have them in your life, and learn to be grateful for all the memories you shared"

I lifted my head to find him staring down at me "i will be with you every step of the way, through your bad days and your good. Just like you have been for me. Forever and always"

He leant down and gently kissed my lips.

Forever and always.

...

This has to be one of the most heartfelt
chapter I've wrote so far.

But to be honest I just love killing off characters 😈

Laters gators 💚🐊

Please consider to follow and vote if you enjoyed 🦋